General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Bye-Bye Monte

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2015, 11:37 PM

Hang in there and always look to the positives so you don't get down. Focus on things you can do, rather than you can't do. The things you can't do will come in time as doctors & therapists will help you achieve when the time is right. You have your family, friends, thinking ability, sight, voice and motor skills. Just remember, it could always be worse.......you could be the poor basturd that hit you with the severed spine and guilt for the rest of his life for what he did that night.

Last edited by KCFITZ78; 09-29-2015 at 11:40 PM.
Old 09-30-2015, 07:00 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Wow sorry to hear this but a least you are hear to tell us. Take care of yourself and mind the doctors

Prayers out to you my friend

Old 10-07-2015, 09:25 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Thank you all for the kind words

Update: a bizzar one too!

I get released from hospital later this week, I can physically walk around on a broken foot, knee & thigh bone with out crutches and the doc is just amazed by my progress so far. He even feels physical therapy might not be needed comes fully recovery.

I been working from home so to say. I made an arrangement with my boss to allow me to finish my projects and designs on my computer and in doing so he is writing me a personal check to make up for the diffrence of pay from disability (which is at 70% of my regular pay) so I don't have to worry about loss of income now.

Here's where it gets kinda bizzar (nobody understands why I did what I did except my father, I did the following out of the goodness of my heart in all honesty):
The driver that hit me was in the same hospital as me until last week where they send him to jail until our first court date in 2 months from now. I personally spoke with him on several occasions and we got along very well. I'm not holding and grudges on the man its faith and it happened now we continue on the path of life.

Anyways he was sent to jail and the day prior to that I saw his wife and 4 daughters (all under 6 years old) his wife doesn't work she takes care of the kids, living paycheck to paycheck and now with this no income for his family what's so ever. So I thought about it hard for a week and I decided to drop all charges agensit him (the DUI however that's something he has to fight on his own) but I couldn't bare the thought of hurting his family more by pressing criminal charges.
And then I did what my father calls it the proudest moment of his life lol, I bailed the man out yesterday, he couldn't afford the bail and was gonna have to wait it out in jail so..... $5000 of my personal money went to his bail. He's out as of now a free man so atleast he can go back to work to support his girls. I also got him a month lease on a car until his gets fixed. I also had my lawyer have him sign some papers declaring all criminal charges dropped. (The DUI charge is a state case not personal). I adviced his wife if they need any money come to me I'll help even though I'm the victim here. But gave her my address and phone number in case of anything.

He came by me today with his family and lots and lots of food. and I can tell the man is forever greatful but to see his kids smiling for the first time instead of crying it made it all worth it for me.

Ps. My wife got them all tickets to Wisconsin dells for 5 days for them to go and hopefully make the girls forget about all the bad things that happened and have them enjoy their life like a child should.

So yea pretty bizzar to many but I don't regret a thing I did and I think this will all play out for the best in the end.

Last edited by Habbibie; 10-07-2015 at 09:29 PM.
Old 10-07-2015, 10:04 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2012
Monte Of The Month -- December 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

You are a good man. I'm glad that your recovery is going as well as it is!

Old 10-07-2015, 10:18 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
10 Year Member

Glad to hear recovery is coming along great! Your a good man for what you did for him! Honestly I would of never done it, I'm a firm believer of "you made your bed now lay in it" but I also understand that you did it for his family that was suffering because of his stupid actions that day. I wish you the very best with the rest of your recovery, glad your job worked out for you as well! Take care man!

Old 10-08-2015, 01:15 AM

Your a good man for what you did for the Family. Hopefully it is a wake up call to that man. If not, his choices may hurt others again and his family again.

Old 10-08-2015, 06:30 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

It's a very good thing you are doing Habbibie. This will bring good karma

Old 10-08-2015, 08:36 AM

You are an amazing person man, truly dude.

Old 10-12-2015, 04:15 PM
Question >Please post>Thank You!

Originally Posted by Habbibie
Update: a bizzar one too!

I get released from hospital later this week, I can physically walk around on a broken foot, knee & thigh bone with out crutches and the doc is just amazed by my progress so far. He even feels physical therapy might not be needed comes fully recovery.

I been working from home so to say. I made an arrangement with my boss to allow me to finish my projects and designs on my computer and in doing so he is writing me a personal check to make up for the diffrence of pay from disability (which is at 70% of my regular pay) so I don't have to worry about loss of income now.

Here's where it gets kinda bizzar (nobody understands why I did what I did except my father, I did the following out of the goodness of my heart in all honesty):
The driver that hit me was in the same hospital as me until last week where they send him to jail until our first court date in 2 months from now. I personally spoke with him on several occasions and we got along very well. I'm not holding and grudges on the man its faith and it happened now we continue on the path of life.

Anyways he was sent to jail and the day prior to that I saw his wife and 4 daughters (all under 6 years old) his wife doesn't work she takes care of the kids, living paycheck to paycheck and now with this no income for his family what's so ever. So I thought about it hard for a week and I decided to drop all charges agensit him (the DUI however that's something he has to fight on his own) but I couldn't bare the thought of hurting his family more by pressing criminal charges.
And then I did what my father calls it the proudest moment of his life lol, I bailed the man out yesterday, he couldn't afford the bail and was gonna have to wait it out in jail so..... $5000 of my personal money went to his bail. He's out as of now a free man so atleast he can go back to work to support his girls. I also got him a month lease on a car until his gets fixed. I also had my lawyer have him sign some papers declaring all criminal charges dropped. (The DUI charge is a state case not personal). I adviced his wife if they need any money come to me I'll help even though I'm the victim here. But gave her my address and phone number in case of anything.

He came by me today with his family and lots and lots of food. and I can tell the man is forever greatful but to see his kids smiling for the first time instead of crying it made it all worth it for me.

Ps. My wife got them all tickets to Wisconsin dells for 5 days for them to go and hopefully make the girls forget about all the bad things that happened and have them enjoy their life like a child should.

So yea pretty bizzar to many but I don't regret a thing I did and I think this will all play out for the best in the end.

Hi Member Habbibie, `Henry,
I hope that you are feeling better when you read this post.

One of the BeachBum Friends read your thread & wants to submit your story & what you have done to the news media He & others just think it's a super example of forgiveness & charity.

He's a retired Chicago Police Officer (Accident Investigator) & he searched all the DUI accidents for September 2015 & could not find yours ?

Could you please post where the accident happened on 9/11/15 ?

You sure are a kind/generous person

Suburban Chicago's Information Source

Last edited by BeachBumMike; 10-12-2015 at 07:11 PM.
Old 10-12-2015, 08:34 PM

PM me his contact info.

Last edited by Habbibie; 10-12-2015 at 11:02 PM.