General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Bye-Bye Monte

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2015, 11:55 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Unhappy Bye-Bye Monte

I'm gonna miss my Monte, I owned it for 15 years and this past Friday (9/11/15) I was hit by drunk driver on my way to Walmart. I personally don't remember what happened that night but from what every one around me is saying that I was T-bones by a drunk driver in a big suv, it was a very hard hit cause I'm typing this from the hospital bed and by the looks of it I won't be behind a steering wheel for at least a year (also gonna be out of work for that same term under short term disability). My leg is broken in 7000 different places, my knee is shadered, my arm is broken, my wrist is swollen to all hell, I have a neck brace on and a few cracked ribs and some more bones I don't even know where in my body are located or how to even begin spelling them. I'll be on crutches/wheel chair for 7-9 months then it's physical therapy then after that it we'll see. I don't know how I'm alive but I here thankfully.

The Monte according to my father being the only one who has seen the car since said you couldn't even recognize what kind of make the car is its so twisted. I was t-boned, dragged 50 feet, hit a curb while the suv was still at throttle, rolled the Monte over and the suv landed on the underside of the Monte partially.

I remember everything up to the moment I saw the headlights hit my driver door,

Well I have to get up to pee and I refuse to ware a diaper or use an assistant to aid me in this but it's gonna take me 15 minutes to move 5 feet lol.

Pay attention while driving guys, look both ways after you get a green at an intersection before moving forward. I'll be in touch I don't have anything to do but sit in bed and watch tv all day anyways.

Old 09-15-2015, 06:34 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Smile

Whoa! take care and get well soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-15-2015, 06:41 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2015

WOW Thank god your alive were you alone? What time did it take place? Ts the other guy in jail or hosp?

Old 09-15-2015, 10:08 AM

Thanks guys, yea I'm feeling depressed about everything I'm having anxiety attacks now and I'm freaking out all night I can't sleep just thinking about everything. I'm feeling worst for my wife who has to deal with this now.

I was alone driving, 10 o'clock at night, other driver was alone too, he's in a worst shape than me from what I heard he has sever spine & neck damage.

I'm so used to working I don't know what the hell to do here beside sit and cry half the time. I'm gonna have my wife bring me the Xbox or something to kill time. Maybe read a book.... **** something! Anything!

Old 09-15-2015, 10:13 AM

Monte of the Month -- February 2015
Monte Of The Month -- April 2017
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Hope you get to feeling better soon!!

Old 09-15-2015, 12:15 PM
Monte of the Month -- March 2015
3 Year Member1 Year Member

That is pretty crazy and hopefully you get better faster than they say.

Old 09-15-2015, 12:41 PM

Thoughts and Prays to you and your family during this terrible time. Try to get the rest you need.

Old 09-15-2015, 05:28 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2015
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Wow man glad you are alive to tell the story, but sad you had to go through it.

Old 09-15-2015, 05:57 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member

Sorry about your situation. I hope the police apprehended the drunk driver.

Sounds like a fast recovery is hard to wish, but I wish you as fast a recovery as possible and hopefully no long standing side affects form this mess.

Old 09-15-2015, 09:07 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
10 Year Member

Man I'm sorry to hear I wish you and your family the very best in this time of need. Stay strong my friend! The monte carlo saved your life, never forget that! That's all the more reason to get another when your able to drive again. Take care of yourself and I wish for a full recovery as quick as possible for you!