General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

6th Gen ('00-'05): To Buy or Not To Buy?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2015, 12:48 PM

Okay great, a friend of mine is the GM of a big Ford Store and I know guys at the one by my house.
Thanks again!

Old 09-14-2015, 12:25 AM

Getting the 2 lights (air bag and check engine) diagnosed tomorrow or Tuesday.
Wanted to see if I can post pics now.

Attached Thumbnails To Buy or Not To Buy?-1aa.jpg   To Buy or Not To Buy?-7.jpg   To Buy or Not To Buy?-11.jpg   To Buy or Not To Buy?-12.jpg   To Buy or Not To Buy?-21.jpg  

Old 09-14-2015, 12:32 AM

Woohoo, it works!

Attached Thumbnails To Buy or Not To Buy?-24.jpg   To Buy or Not To Buy?-27.jpg   To Buy or Not To Buy?-25.jpg   To Buy or Not To Buy?-hof-frame.jpg   To Buy or Not To Buy?-38b.jpg  

Old 09-18-2015, 01:35 PM

Nice looking ride

Old 09-18-2015, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by indybleck
Nice looking ride

Thank you!

Right now i'm dealing with a check engine light (CEL).
Autozone says p0410 and p0445.

Gotta try and figure out what's up.

Are there "usual culprits" behind those two codes?

Old 09-19-2015, 06:27 AM

This one has a code too, we stopped to Auto Zone and they said it was a MAP sensor so I figure we will just change both the MAP and MAF. What is the best way to clear the codes? I've read take the neg off the battery and leave the headlights on for about ten minutes but I also read where this will affect the car till the computer re learns shift points. Gonna do a search and see, don't have a scanner yet and that might be the best way to go.

Old 09-19-2015, 09:18 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Cool

Wow! you got a nice looking ride there, and if you got it for the 3300 that was a good deal unless there are issues.
If you got an Air bag light that's in the sensors in the seat someplace, I have an 06 Pontiac Torrent and the light is on. They tell me the sensor is very expensive, but they also said if you clean the connectors they will go off and work fine ?????????????
Not sure on that. I haven't done that yet.
They say if you disconnect the battery it resets stuff. If you change the battery it will do the same thing I am not sure that it will need to relearn all the stuff, you might need to reset the clock but the rest of the stuff should come up. At least it did on the 06 Pontiac Torrent I have? GM stuff too.
Sometimes all the sensors on these things will drive you crazy, like the low tire pressure, that Gal that got the 09 Impala would call me all the time and ask me about that.
I think she just wanted me to drive up and see her?
But that was fun too?

Old 09-19-2015, 09:36 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Smile

Originally Posted by JohnnyCarlo
Woohoo, it works!
So does the sticker say it came from Dale Earnhardt Chevrolet? or are the tags and plate frames just for show?

Old 09-20-2015, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by drivernumber3
So does the sticker say it came from Dale Earnhardt Chevrolet? or are the tags and plate frames just for show?

Thank you!...and Yep, 3300 bucks, and yep, it has a few issues. Nothing crazy,...mainly the 2 lights and 2 small rust spots on lower parts of the fender.
The plate and frame are just for show. They really set it off!
I also have a chrome plated plastic cursive written thing that goes onto the trunk. Hard to explain but I will get a pic up of it.

Once I have some time, I want to see if I can diagnose the problem, before I have to take it to the Dealership.
If I do have to take it somewhere to get the lights fixed, where's the best place?
Dealer,.... or ....smaller good ASE cert. type fix it place?

Thanks!

Old 09-21-2015, 06:39 PM

I'm working on the p0410 code. It's for the secondary air injection pump problem.

I checked the fuse today for the air pump and it was blown.
I replaced it and it hasn't blown again.
I guess we will see once it goes through a cold start tomorrow morning.

I'm not sure that I would be able to hear the pump run (with the engine running also).

Does anyone know of a troubleshooting "chart" for this p0410 code?