General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

BRAKE ROTORS

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2005, 01:23 PM
Photobucket
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default BRAKE ROTORS

GET this I took teh car in due tot eh steering shaft whiel he was driving it he says the brake rotors feel liek they might be warped to.

So i asked when i could ge tit in for the rotors and the shaft to be fixed and the rest of all the crap i have to get done.

He then tels me he needs a deposit for the rotors on my car. I have to buy all 4 rotors for it and also all the pads for it.

I was like it is under warrenty.
He then told me those are wear parts and they will not fix them and i have to pay out of pocket to get those fixed.
I have 21707,00 miles on this car i dont see why i have 4 warped rotrs at 20,000 miles on it. Just makes not sens o me and i seriously belive they should be replacing them not my self.

So now i have to find a set of rotors for the car but this time im gogn with the drilled ones at least to help keep them cooled off. I dont need this ahppening ever 20,000 also.

Also i posted a deal abotu the steering shaft on how to fix it. They charge you way to much for what they are doing.

Old 10-07-2005, 02:32 PM
Default RE: BRAKE ROTORS

At 6,000 miles why rear rotors needed to be cut? Could your just need that? that was under warrenty. GM has a problem with the rotors. If you google the topic, you will see that other drivers have the same or simiarl problem. Call another dealer and see if they will do it under warrenty.

Old 10-07-2005, 04:07 PM

Most warpage is caused from excessive heat, but even with normal heat if you hit a good sized puddle of water and it splashes onto the rotors they will warp. We get alot of rain around here and its a very common problem with disc brakes. I have the crossdrilled rotors and worry everytime it rains that I'll warp them and have to get new ones.

Old 10-07-2005, 05:12 PM
Photobucket
15 Year Member

where did you find them?
Im looking for the cross drilled ones to replace mine but it was just a nother expens tha ti didnt need right now
I just bought a new camera for my job that was a 10,000 used so i was hoping not to spend any more right now.

was hoping that it would be under warrenty for this being that the orginal brakes are still on the car and not even half way threw the pad yet.

guess not. But as far as why it happend i knew it was from heat . You owuld think that as much as you hear this they would ahve gotten a better vent system under there for the brakes considering this was a year or two in to the body style when the 03 came out LOL

Im going to check in to getting them cut to see if they can do this but not sure if it will help them out yet.
This guy i have to deal with is the only one with in a 4 hour drive from my house and he knows it. The only othe rone that will work on my car is up almost to chec republic. So i have a call in to him he sent a buddy that i have here with a camaro a new set of rotors and just asked for his old ones back. ( i found this out about a hour ago ) so im going to try this option also

Old 10-07-2005, 06:43 PM

That sucks man, you might want to look into a set of Brembo rotors and pads, they have them at tirerack.com.

Old 10-07-2005, 06:52 PM
Photobucket
15 Year Member

LOL good timing I just wrote them a letter the other day Tonight i checked my email and they had a form to fill out for sponsorship SO with any luck i will ge tit and no ahve to pay for it LOL
If they do this then i should get the whole system fixed up and not have to worry aobut it for a while.

Thanks for the link!!