General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Bad drive home last night

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2010, 09:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Sorry no good pics

Okay so no good pics yet I'll try and get some at the body shop 2morow. The damage is estimated at $4300 and not a right off. The insurance company has been a little slow because the amount of accidents lately in all the snowy blizzards we've been having up here in Canada.
The only rental car they have available for tonite and until tomarrow was a Suzuki SX4?!?! WTF is this thing? I've taken bigger dumps that this thing! And spoiled by my 200+ hp it's totally lame on the power too.

Stupid
Ugly
Z
Uncomfortable
Krappy
Itty bitty

And for everyone that asked yes I'm totally fine thank you for the concern.
And thanks to everyone for the support and what not.

Old 01-06-2011, 10:56 PM
10 Year Member

So I finally got my car back today and it looks great the body shop got used parts from a 2004 with 42,000 km's. It was a silver car so they didn't need to paint the front lower valence cuz it was flawless. And I am very pleased with the work they did. They also fixed all the door dings in my drivers door and blended the touch ups perfectly.

Old 01-06-2011, 11:08 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Justin Knight
Okay so no good pics yet I'll try and get some at the body shop 2morow. The damage is estimated at $4300 and not a right off.
after all that you have zero pictures??? If this was my car or anyone else here there would definitely be pictures posted.. We are all glad that you are OK and it's great your car wasn't "totaled" by the insurance company.

Old 01-07-2011, 07:36 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2011

Sorry to hear, but the main thing is your ok.

I know GTO's get totaled out left and right, mainly cause all the parts come from Australia and are extremely expensive couple that with the fact that price of the cars have dropped exponentially they are easily totalled.

All the best with the car, glad to hear it was fixed and looks like new again!
Joe

Old 01-07-2011, 08:18 AM
10 Year Member

I do have pictures but they are on my phone and can't figure out how to post them just yet. I've tried a couple times but there seems to be a problem wig formatting or something

Old 01-07-2011, 09:42 AM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

I'm so glad you got your Monte back

Old 01-07-2011, 11:21 AM

That sucks dude and I hope your ok. My dads always warned me to look out for other drivers cause they aint lookin out for you.

Old 02-27-2011, 10:50 AM
10 Year Member
Default I figured it out!!!

okay so i realize that this old news and i'm about 2 months late on the pics of my cars smash up but....the pictures really don't do the justice it deserves the cost was exactly $4300 to fix this (gotta love the hidden damages).

and the last pic is yesterday morning washed it and then it snowed before i came out to take the picture.

Attached Thumbnails Bad drive home last night-montesmash2.jpg   Bad drive home last night-montesmash1.jpg   Bad drive home last night-montesmash3.jpg   Bad drive home last night-montesmash4.jpg   Bad drive home last night-monteanzoedit.jpg  

Old 02-27-2011, 11:03 AM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2011
Monte Of The Month -- December 2016
10 Year Member

Looks like they did a nice job....

Old 02-27-2011, 11:37 AM

jeez...that LOL destroyed your front left quarter panel haha...probably got the motor loose and broke some things inside there...

my only brush with an old driver wasnt a LOL it was LOM...which are worse, cuz they have "experience" well guess what little old man! you suck at driving!...

4 way stop (stop signs)...old man gets there atleast a minute after i do (i was waiting for a semi to go through) and he decides when the semi gets through that its his turn...so he starts going, he is turning left and i am going straight...i was like, you old piece of crap, get out of my way...of course, he cant hear my horn blaring in his ear...so i sat in the middle of the intersection as this LOM attempts to find the gas pedal and push it down farther so he can cut in front of me...and another semi comes down a big hill (where the idiot pulled out infront of me) and it stops literally 2 feet away from my passenger side...so i continued to give everyone around me the finger and tell them to **** off...i think the LOM heard me when i rolled down my window and gave him the finger while yelling **** off...cuz he gave me a weird look like (whered u come from) i really wanted to get out and punch him and the semi driver in the face...pretty sure if i wouldve gotten t-boned by a semi and then pushed into the LOM (after he already tore my front bumper off) my car wouldve been "totalled" and i wouldve murdered them both

but i am lucky like that...so haha, glad i didnt total my car from the two morons who dont know how to drive