General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Anyone with leather interior

Old 08-19-2005, 05:04 AM
Default Anyone with leather interior

How often do you condition the leather seats? Has anyone had any problems with them?

Thanks

Old 08-19-2005, 03:51 PM
Default RE: Anyone with leather interior

I have leather, and I use a Meguiars leather conditioner every quarter. As long as you keep them conditioned they should last quite a while.

Are you experiencing problems with your leather?

Old 08-19-2005, 05:19 PM

I have leather, but I need to get some leather conditioner.

Old 08-19-2005, 06:29 PM

yes i am having a issue with them they feel more like soft plastic LOL

I cant find that stuff you told me to use Go figure i thought somthign that common there i should beabel to find it here. yeah i was wrong!!!!!

So i need to go back to the meguiers stuff. Just seems not to soften them enough but i have been useing it on mine about every other month trying to get them softer . I think it sitting in the sun hurt it at the dealers becuse it was in the front row and nobody drove it or did anythign with it till i bought it.

But now it has a good home. But here we go with the dash issue on mine now i noticed today while runnign my amp lead the pax side is starting to seperat where the air bags are. I know some one here said they had this happen to so i have to find out where the dealer here is that will actually do somethign about it.

Also wondering Amp leads threw the car are really easy Grounding it with out adding another hole SUX!!!!

but did the hold job with out drilling anythign and only adding two holes for the fuse hoilder in teh car. So i added soem silicone around them to seal them back up.

Old 08-19-2005, 10:21 PM

No, my leather is fine besides normal wear. I bought the car used so I'm not sure if he really took care of them. I have the Meguiars conditioner also.

ORIGINAL: montejass

I have leather, and I use a Meguiars leather conditioner every quarter. As long as you keep them conditioned they should last quite a while.

Are you experiencing problems with your leather?

Old 08-20-2005, 01:28 AM

ORIGINAL: mickey

yes i am having a issue with them they feel more like soft plastic LOL

But here we go with the dash issue on mine now i noticed today while runnign my amp lead the pax side is starting to seperat where the air bags are. I know some one here said they had this happen to so i have to find out where the dealer here is that will actually do somethign about it.
LMAO

It's the same on mine, IDGAF though. It won't bother me when my dash cover is over it

Old 08-20-2005, 03:56 AM

I use Lexol, it's very good.

Tj

Old 08-20-2005, 01:55 PM

ORIGINAL: 03SSdriver

I use Lexol, it's very good.

Tj
I think I'm gonna give Hi-Temps Leather cleaner/conditioner a shot, $8.95 for a 32oz bottle