General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Anyone with an 06/07 tire pressure sensor problems?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2006, 10:29 AM
Default RE: Anyone with an 06/07 tire pressure sensor problems?

My 06 SS has been trouble free so far!

Old 12-11-2006, 10:51 AM

how long have you had it??

I drove mine home on Nov. 23rd 2005, and since then I've had the drivers side roof strip/channel molding replaced twice since it does not like to stick and stay down - and it's coming up/loose again -- they had to re-run the wiring harnesses inside both doors since the windows were hitting modules inside them everytime they went up and down -- I've had a new battery installed by the dealer because the one that came in it decided to go totally dead after about 9 months -- I've STILL got a metal clanking sound at the right rear wheel whenever hitting a pothole, manhole cover etc etc. -- now since it's turned cold, I've got constant squeaking like crazy going on inside at the right/passenger side rear seat, sounds like styrofoam behind the plastic panel rubbing -- the top post on my drivers side rear taillight housing snapped off so I had to remove it, superglue it back on and screw that black hook/nut back on inside the trunk - and I removed the cargo net that attaches to it just in case -- and now the remote range / tire system monitor issue started a few weeks ago.

Old 12-11-2006, 05:44 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Since your SS has shown it's true colors, I'll have a flat bed stop over tomorrow and take the car off your hands. I'll keep the car here in Ohio so it won't annoy you any longer.

It's the least I can do for a fellow Monte owner.

Old 12-11-2006, 05:49 PM

ORIGINAL: rj

Since your SS has shown it's true colors, I'll have a flat bed stop over tomorrow and take the car off your hands. I'll keep the car here in Ohio so it won't annoy you any longer.

It's the least I can do for a fellow Monte owner.
LOL not that he'd have any trouble finding me, I've got the only one around - I STILL haven't seen any new monte's around where I live, never mind an SS. The trouble he MIGHT have though, is catching me! LOL

Old 12-12-2006, 04:00 PM

Thats a good point, of all the problems youve had so far, at least you can say you havent had a problem going fast.

I do have a big problem, its weird, either hot or cold outside, doesnt matter when, if I put the pedal to the floor, there is this weird white smoke comin from the two front corners. My friend told me its not serious, but its significantly reducing the life of my tires.

Old 12-15-2006, 05:30 AM

no prob with mine

Old 12-15-2006, 08:02 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I do have a big problem, its weird, either hot or cold outside, doesnt matter when, if I put the pedal to the floor, there is this weird white smoke comin from the two front corners. My friend told me its not serious, but its significantly reducing the life of my tires.
I've had a little bit of the same problem myself. [sm=burnout.gif]

LOL not that he'd have any trouble finding me, I've got the only one around - I STILL haven't seen any new monte's around where I live, never mind an SS. The trouble he MIGHT have though, is catching me! LOL
No problem finding you cause you've got a beautiful SS. [8D]

Old 12-20-2006, 06:56 PM

Hi guys.
I am an ase certified auto tech who currently works at a gm dealer i have 10 years experiance and own a 2006 ss i also had this problem with my car the remote control door lock receiver needs to be replaced to fix the problem you can put pressure sensors in all day and it wont go away. i hope this helps

Old 12-23-2006, 10:52 AM

I can truly say the only problem that I have with my LTZ is the remote. So i cant complain.
Its going in for its first service after the first of the year.
06MonteSS
I cant tell from the pic's
Is your SS Laser Blue?

Old 12-23-2006, 11:19 AM

Hey 06montess :

"I've STILL got a metal clanking sound at the right rear wheel whenever hitting a pothole, manhole cover etc etc."

I have this same problem...I can't tell if it is a sway bar bushing or a brake line etc. I've gotten under the car and everything is tight underneath. If you find out what it is please let me know.

Quick Reply: Anyone with an 06/07 tire pressure sensor problems?