General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Amazed

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2012, 06:13 PM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- June 2014
Monte Of The Month -- July 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Jester_20
I'm with him ^^

I realize that some people don't like montes just like i hate mustangs, but in my eyes--my monte is my all time dream car I realize it sounds kind of cheesy, but there are only 2 things i'd change and they are RWD and t-tops. Both of which are basically impossible. It's laser blue (my fav. color of the 7th gens), black leather, heated seats, remote start, 18 in. wheels, beefed up suspension, and a lot more. I made a few upgrades like audio system and window tint and she's damn near perfect in my eyes

Old 01-20-2012, 09:36 PM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2011
10 Year Member

maybe they aren't perfect... that's why we mod them

I'm sorry but if you buy a 06/07 and then complain about it not being RWD you should have been looking at different cars...

Old 01-20-2012, 09:47 PM

Honestly, I have mostly had RWD cars. Of course I loved them... but... I'm glad my Monte is FWD... I know it sounds stupid but its more modern. I don't have to store it away when it snows. My car is actually awesome in the snow! I mostly have owned Chevys too. In my opinon Chevy did a great job on the Monte Carlos and in general on the W-body platform!

But hey, we are all entitled to our own opinions.

Old 01-20-2012, 09:49 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Cully77

I'm sorry but if you buy a 06/07 and then complain about it not being RWD you should have been looking at different cars...
Very good point.

Old 01-20-2012, 09:52 PM

I used to think everything I drove had to be rear wheel drive, but not anymore.

Old 01-20-2012, 10:23 PM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2011

Originally Posted by Cully77

No, no -- i'm not complaining about i being FWD, i just wish that RWD was an option. This time of year i'm loving the FWD...not that there's been much ice so far...

i'm honestly hoping that if they re-introduce the monte that it's AWD. IDK why, but when you've got a mitsubishi evo that hooks up better with AWD, that kinda makes ya think.....

Old 01-20-2012, 10:55 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2011

I find that no matter how "Perfect" a car is there will always people that will be displeased with it:

People complain about the Monte being FWD

RWD Then complain about how bad it is to drive in the snow

People hate the GTO Cause it doesn't look like something made in 1960

Haters of the challenger think it's to heavy

People say they wish some cars were made to be faster stock....then those same people complain about the horrible gas mileage they get in there V8's.

Can't win...The only person who has to be happy about your car...is yourself....

Joe

Old 01-21-2012, 01:37 AM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- June 2014
Monte Of The Month -- July 2016
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by Montess2k
I find that no matter how "Perfect" a car is there will always people that will be displeased with it:

People complain about the Monte being FWD

RWD Then complain about how bad it is to drive in the snow

People hate the GTO Cause it doesn't look like something made in 1960

Haters of the challenger think it's to heavy

People say they wish some cars were made to be faster stock....then those same people complain about the horrible gas mileage they get in there V8's.

Can't win...The only person who has to be happy about your car...is yourself..

Joe

Very great point! As I said, I think my monte is perfect, that is why I got it!

Old 01-21-2012, 09:23 AM

I wasnt trying to say anyones car wasnt perfect. Ive owned both platforms. Pesonally I like all the fun that comes with RWD. I think all Monte's are awsome but when is one really perfect. Theres always that one more lil mod to do. Kinda like a project car. Is it ever really done? My monte's will never be 100% perfect everyone but to me they will be.
Its not basicly impossible to T Top and RWD a newer Monte. Look at some of the sema cars people build. If I had the cash and resources Id try it. Think about it and it sounds fun. Its only metal.

Old 01-21-2012, 09:09 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Well speaking to the engineering aspect. You have to keep in mind the 2007 Monte is a "freshened up" version of the 2000-2005 models. The 6th gen was designed in the late 90's. And by the time the 2007 came around, the Monte was in it's 8th model year without a major redesign.

For 2006 & 2007, I think they were trying to somehow make mid-2000's technology fit into a car that was basically designed in the late 90's. Since the Monte's bodystyle was at the end of it's run, they weren't going to spend a great amount of money to design something for a car that was coming to an end. Had the Monte been brought back for 2008, it most likely would've gone through a major redesign. Probably would've been based on the same platform as the 2008 Impala.

Quick Reply: Amazed