General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Amazed

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2012, 08:29 PM
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Amazed

Hi Guys

I have been on this site now for about a monthand a half and have learned a lot from all the members here.Well I was out for a ride today and thinking what a great concept these newer montes are. They look great ride awesome they .But how an hell did they screwup the engeering of the car withall the stupid problems and you would think by the time they built 7 th gen it would be perfect. I just don't get and something simple as the drivers seat around the air bag.

Old 01-19-2012, 09:28 PM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I sure they were engineered perfect, then the materials/fit and finish was thrown out of the window to save money. When the 7th gen was made it wasn't Chevy's newest coolest ride to them, so they didn't put too much effort in.

Old 01-19-2012, 09:54 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Manufactures cheap out on as much as they can to keep profits up & costs down

Old 01-20-2012, 12:51 AM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- June 2014
Monte Of The Month -- July 2016
10 Year Member

I myself think my 7th gen IS perfect just own one you'll see.

Old 01-20-2012, 01:47 AM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013

Sometime stuff just don't hold up in the real world like it does in a test lab either.

Old 01-20-2012, 11:20 AM

Monte Of The Month -- October 2012
3 Year Member

Originally Posted by lougreen03
Sometime stuff just don't hold up in the real world like it does in a test lab either.
X2 Totally agree with you. Reality just doesn't compare to their close facility testing and such.. And when they cheap out on the materials it just makes it even worse for the consumer even though it has potential to be a great product.

Old 01-20-2012, 11:31 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2011

Along those lines Manufacturers make more money when cars are taken in for repairs.

They use the cheapest stuff available to keep costs down...but that will last about 5 years for the warranty....Once the warranty is up and you bring the cars in for repairs....cha ching....

No car is perfect or else they would all come from the factory with Brembo, Baer Brakes, Hotchkis/BMR suspension, Infinity/Alpine Speakers etc etc which would drive the cost way up and still have a chance of failing over prolonged periods of time.

Joe

Old 01-20-2012, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by MnteCrloSS47
I myself think my 7th gen IS perfect just own one you'll see.
Have you ever drove a rear wheel drive Monte Carlo?
I think if 7th had the rwd platform it would be perfect then. Thats just me tho.

Old 01-20-2012, 03:37 PM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- June 2014
Monte Of The Month -- July 2016
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by Bitchnbobb
Have you ever drove a rear wheel drive Monte Carlo?
I think if 7th had the rwd platform it would be perfect then. Thats just me tho.
It was just my opinion man lol My 7th gen got me heavy into cars.
I think any car that you cant wait to drive, keeps you smiling every minute in it, and makes you feel generally good, it a perfect car.
Which mines does to me, and i'm sure yours does for you.
I guess perfection really comes down to opinion.
I'd say in todays world with all the cars that are coming out, cheaper, plastic feel,s mpg friendly ect ect, the 7th gen monte really is different than those. you can see the camaro's rwd charger rwd and challenger rwd really arent selling as much as the monte's did. i hardly ever see the V8 ones around here anyways.
So with all that, i believe yes 7th gen is perfect

Old 01-20-2012, 06:00 PM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2011

I'm with him ^^

I realize that some people don't like montes just like i hate mustangs, but in my eyes--my monte is my all time dream car I realize it sounds kind of cheesy, but there are only 2 things i'd change and they are RWD and t-tops. Both of which are basically impossible. It's laser blue (my fav. color of the 7th gens), black leather, heated seats, remote start, 18 in. wheels, beefed up suspension, and a lot more. I made a few upgrades like audio system and window tint and she's damn near perfect in my eyes

Quick Reply: Amazed