General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

7th Gen ('06-'07): 7th Gen SS Prices. Looking to buy.

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2013, 09:17 AM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by 77gp
I would definitely offer lower.
Originally Posted by 03JGMonte
The price on these cars are high everywhere, if its what you want go for it talk em down if u can, 14k would be a better price, all the dealers ask 17k+ for ones with 60k and above here which is why i wont buy one
Definitely doesn't hurt to try talking them down. $17k+ for ones at and above 60k miles is basically it; what I ran into searching for mine. That's why I went with mine at $14,995 when I found it.

Old 03-07-2013, 11:13 AM

i think the money they want for theses things is insane. when they were new they couldnt give them away.

Old 03-07-2013, 11:57 AM

It still makes me smile when I think of what I paid for my loaded 06 MC SS almost 4 years ago. The car had 20,500 miles and a clean Carfax. I bought it from the original owner in Indiana for..............

$14,200

I have always had the knack for finding the car I want at the price I want. It takes research and patience. I search for months before I actually buy a car.

Remember, the Monte Carlo SS is much more rare than the Impala SS, so the deal on an Impala should be well under $15,000 for those miles. I'd shoot for $13,800 and expect to pay a few hundred more. If not, be prepared to walk away and find another...There are plenty of them available.

Old 03-07-2013, 01:25 PM

The car is the jewel red tintcoat, which is my favorite color and seems to be the most rare from what ive been seeing. And yes it was only offered in 2007. Even before i bought my 2001 in 09 I have been looking at MC's fairly steady. I have found some pretty decent deals here and there. I look alot on craigslist and use ebay about once a week. I would say this car at $15,500 is fair. I know he would take $15000 for it. And it also comes with an aftermarket set of 18" wheels. Otherwise the car is all factory (which I want) i like to start with a clean slate. I did have my mind set on a one that was only alittle more then 100 miles away. It was a silver 06 SS with 94,000 miles for $9500 clean title original owner. I thought that was fair. I called to late the car was sold. All the better deals ive found are on black and red monte's those are the two colors I refuse to own. There is a nice one on the Minneapolis craigslist right now. Its a 2006 with 48,000 miles fully loaded original owner for $12,300. Thats about the best deal ive seen in awhile. Ive been considering it but its black and the other thing is it has the silver skirts which I also dont care for.

Last edited by wIcKeDmOtNe; 03-07-2013 at 01:30 PM.
Old 03-07-2013, 02:10 PM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by 2006 Silver Monte SS
It takes research and patience. I search for months before I actually buy a car.
^This

Took me three weeks to get mine but I was looking A LOT during those three weeks. I'm happy with the choice I made on mine.

Old 03-07-2013, 03:33 PM

Such a unique situation buying a used 7th gen
These cars are so rare, yet not too highly sought after. (yet)
And they were so expensive brand new. So most original owners that took good care of them, don't want to loose to much when they sell it.

I searched for about 6 months for mine, and i just wanted a black on black with less than 100k KMs

But in those 6 months i only looked at 3 or 4, because thats all that were for sale.

I was happy to find mine, and even though i negotiated and had to wait for them to call me back etc I was nervous the whole time. They also said someone else had put an offer on it, really played up the whole negotiating game.
I eventually got my price, but it was quite nerve racking for a few days.

Old 03-07-2013, 03:43 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I think the black amethyst was the rarest color, only producing 217 if I remember correctly. It was a very sharp color.

Old 03-07-2013, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by wIcKeDmOtNe
The car is the jewel red tintcoat, which is my favorite color and seems to be the most rare from what ive been seeing. I look alot on craigslist and use ebay about once a week.
You may want to add autotrader.com and cars.com to your search arsenal. You will find dozens of Imapla SS to choose from within 500 miles of your home....Don't be afraid to drive a few hours to pick up your new ride, either. You should have all of your research done and the price negotiated over the phone before you head out to buy the car. Pictures, Carfax, AutoCheck, and the seller's detailed verbal description of the car should give you 99% of what you need to make your decision.

I also prefer to deal with private owners whenever possible. They will usually give you the real story behind the car and have no overhead or commission to charge you for. No dealer fees or taxes, either. This usually means a better overall deal for the buyer. Remember, research and patience = a confident car buyer.

Old 03-08-2013, 01:13 AM

Originally Posted by 2006 Silver Monte SS
You may want to add autotrader.com and cars.com to your search arsenal. You will find dozens of Imapla SS to choose from within 500 miles of your home....Don't be afraid to drive a few hours to pick up your new ride, either. You should have all of your research done and the price negotiated over the phone before you head out to buy the car. Pictures, Carfax, AutoCheck, and the seller's detailed verbal description of the car should give you 99% of what you need to make your decision.

I also prefer to deal with private owners whenever possible. They will usually give you the real story behind the car and have no overhead or commission to charge you for. No dealer fees or taxes, either. This usually means a better overall deal for the buyer. Remember, research and patience = a confident car buyer.
Not to sound harsh, but this isnt my first rodeo. Everytime I use autotrader and cars i always search within 500 miles. I also live in northern MN with not many populated areas. Autotrader almost always has a handful more listings then cars. But cars also had a couple listings that autotrader did not. I actually found this car using searchtempest which is a more efficient way of browsing though different cities on craigslist. This car is located 520 miles from me and is roughly an 8 and a half hour drive. Im willing to bet theres alot of people on this board that would never drive 8+ hours for a vehicle thats not even an outstanding deal. And yes I also prefer private owners.

Last edited by wIcKeDmOtNe; 03-08-2013 at 01:17 AM.
Old 03-08-2013, 09:51 AM

Glad you got it figured out. I just thought since you didn't mention autotrader or cars that perhaps you weren't aware of them.
Red Jewel Tintcoat is a beautiful color indeed...I'd sell mine and buy a low mile 07 if the deal was right.

Here's one:

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...gIndex=5&Log=0

Last edited by SSilver; 03-08-2013 at 10:02 AM.

Quick Reply: 7th Gen ('06-'07): 7th Gen SS Prices. Looking to buy.