General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

6th gen VS 7th gen

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2011, 06:11 PM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2011
Monte Of The Month -- July 2014
RED DEVIL
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by RickAKATed10
I agree. I personally don't care much for the 6th gen.
same here and i even owned one haha...i didnt like the look of the hood/headlights on my 6th gen

Originally Posted by Jester_20
it's funny that nobody likes the front end. . . that's most of the reason i like the 06 & 07's. I really liked the look of my 96 ls and liked the body lines of my 02 but hated the nose of it because the grille got downsized and i didn't like the "nostril" look, so i was extremely happy when they brought the grille look back. might be the minority on this one but i love the front end. . . . especially since it doesn't have the taller lower grille that the impala's have. Wider makes it look wider, lower, and i'd say meaner (which is always welcome)
i am in that minority too...i like the way the 7th gens front end looks over the 6th gen

Old 04-26-2011, 07:45 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

It really bugs me that the "7th gen" doesn't have the knights crest anywhere.

Old 04-26-2011, 08:12 PM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2011
Monte Of The Month -- July 2014
RED DEVIL

Originally Posted by AwesomeSS
It really bugs me that the "7th gen" doesn't have the knights crest anywhere.
i might be in the minority on that one too...it doesnt bother me

Old 04-26-2011, 09:12 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2015
Monte Of The Month -- February 2011
10 Year Member

I just like that I put the SS on the nose where it should of been

Old 04-26-2011, 09:34 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

7 days in a week and 7 generations of Monte Carlos! Only 7 sets of keys to worry about, not that bad...... my useless post just to be included in this thread!

Old 04-26-2011, 10:11 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I'm not saying this to start anything. Just my honest opinion. But I don't like the 7th gen headlights because they give the car a bug-eyed look. The grill is another story.

I like the 7th gens upper grill by it's self. But the entire upper and lower grill on the 7th gen just doesn't sit right with me. It has the horizontal split that most Chevy's have now. I don't like Chevy's current style of a big grill with a horizontal split through the middle. Although the 7th gen Monte isn't as obvious about it as the Impala and other models. To me, it still has that look to it.

To be fair, I'm not crazy about the "teeth" look of the lower grill on the 6th gens either. I'd like to paint the teeth on my Monte black. But I don't have the proper equipment or work space to do it myself. And local paint shops want about $500 to do it.

Old 04-27-2011, 12:09 AM

Originally Posted by Taz
I'm not saying this to start anything. Just my honest opinion. But I don't like the 7th gen headlights because they give the car a bug-eyed look. The grill is another story.

I like the 7th gens upper grill by it's self. But the entire upper and lower grill on the 7th gen just doesn't sit right with me. It has the horizontal split that most Chevy's have now. I don't like Chevy's current style of a big grill with a horizontal split through the middle. Although the 7th gen Monte isn't as obvious about it as the Impala and other models. To me, it still has that look to it.

To be fair, I'm not crazy about the "teeth" look of the lower grill on the 6th gens either. I'd like to paint the teeth on my Monte black. But I don't have the proper equipment or work space to do it myself. And local paint shops want about $500 to do it.
I'm not to thrilled with the "teeth" either. Every time I wash the car, I have to go in there and "floss" to prevent water spots. But it's not much different than my old car..
Not mine, but it's the same year/make/model as the one I had..

I also looked at the Impala and the 7th Gen. pictures. They aren't exact, but they are awfully close.. The basic design is there, but it looks like it was "tweaked" a bit. The headlights are more rounded in the corners, and the lower half of the grill is a bit different.

Old 04-27-2011, 07:20 AM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2011
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by 05MonteLS
I also looked at the Impala and the 7th Gen. pictures. They aren't exact, but they are awfully close.. The basic design is there, but it looks like it was "tweaked" a bit. The headlights are more rounded in the corners, and the lower half of the grill is a bit different.
Headlights are exactly the same

Old 04-27-2011, 07:39 AM

I believe everyone has a right to their opinion, and also the choice in a free world to purchase any auto they can afford and desire...

As the owner of a car, you also have the right to make any modification that you desire....Like debadging the factory emblems, or adding them to the owners preference.
Adding new tail or headlights & so many more modifications to the owners imagination, and budget.

Our Forum member's Monte's proves this...They are all Monte Carlo's, but the majority of them are all different from the rest, because of the owners mod's or designs.
That's what I love about owning your own car You can do anything you want....Who really cares what other's think as long as you are happy with your car.

This has been a very interesting thread reading the posts from our membership. Thanks `Jerry for starting this thread, and thanks member's for respecting other member's opinions.

EnJoy your AweSome Monte Carlo, no matter what Generation you have or what you call it It's YOURS

Old 04-27-2011, 10:23 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

Originally Posted by xxtheshockerxx
i might be in the minority on that one too...it doesnt bother me
Ditto.

Quick Reply: 6th gen VS 7th gen