General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

6th gen VS 7th gen

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2011, 04:56 AM

MFC Rule -2. While debating and discussion is fine, `Respect your fellow enthusiasts. Being of a diverse background, members are likely to express different opinions, and while opinions may differ from yours, they are just that, opinions; and everyone is entitled to express theirs freely. We will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, or personal attacks. Do not flame, bother, bug, disrespect, hound or taunt ANYONE on the forums or through private messaging or chat room. If we feel a thread is getting out of hand we will close or delete it. You can/will lose your posting privileges if you continue this type of behavior.

Why does it really matter `if it's a sixth or seventh Generation ? It's the last Monte's produced.
06-07 are different then the rest.
Many like them, some `Don't.
It's `Freedom of Choice,
Freedom of Speech,
Freedom to call it
anything you
want

EnJoy your Chevrolet Monte Carlo's
no-matter what Generation,
it's a ~>Chevrolet Monte Carlo
&
You have the keys to `One

Attached Thumbnails 6th gen VS 7th gen-tazmine.jpg  
Old 04-24-2011, 06:48 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by 05MonteLS
Every Monte Carlo has had the "Knight Badge" except the 5th Gen "Lumina Carlos" and the 7th Gen "Impala Carlos", I've noticed..
You know what, I think I'll still keep my "Lumina Carlo", lol. Some people just make me laugh.

You have to remember though that without the 5th gen Montes success, there wouldn't have been a 6th gen. You look like you have a nice Monte. Enjoy it. Just don't forget that some of us 5th gens can pack a punch

Old 04-24-2011, 07:01 AM

Originally Posted by zipper

You have to remember though that without the 5th gen Montes success, there wouldn't have been a 6th gen. You look like you have a nice Monte. Enjoy it. Just don't forget that some of us 5th gens can pack a punch

Hey `Zip, You forgot to post "Do you want 2 Race my 5th Gen Monte ?" What me ? ~> No `Way 4-Sure LOL
Happy Easter, Happy FunSunDay ~>EnJoy

Old 04-24-2011, 09:55 AM

wikapedia calls the 06/07 monte 6th gen. . .actually 6.2 but i think they should be called 7th gen

Old 04-24-2011, 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by KidSpace

Why does it really matter `if it's a sixth or seventh Generation ? It's the last Monte's produced.
06-07 are different then the rest.
Many like them, some `Don't.
It's `Freedom of Choice,
Freedom of Speech,
Freedom to call it
anything you
want

EnJoy your Chevrolet Monte Carlo's
no-matter what Generation,
it's a ~>Chevrolet Monte Carlo
&
You have the keys to `One

Thanks, 'Space-

I meant no disrespect from my comment- I only said that because that's what they kinda look like. Every MC is part of the family, no matter what it looks like or what generation it is.. Long live the Monte Carlo! May there be an 8th Generation someday..

Old 04-24-2011, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by zipper
You know what, I think I'll still keep my "Lumina Carlo", lol. Some people just make me laugh.

That's true Zipper! There was a time in the early 90s that we thought the Monte Carlo might not return.. Also did you know that both the Lumina and the Impala was used and is currently used in NASCAR? That makes them both winners in my book!

Old 04-25-2011, 08:45 AM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010

I consider it 6th gen and 7th gen bcuz of the big bodily differences and the interior differences. & I think the camaro gens should have been split up better. There are enough differences all around that make it it's own gen IMO

Old 04-25-2011, 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by 05MonteLS
Thanks, 'Space-

I meant no disrespect from my comment- I only said that because that's what they kinda look like. Every MC is part of the family, no matter what it looks like or what generation it is.. Long live the Monte Carlo! May there be an 8th Generation someday..

Thanks `Jason for your post & clarification. I knew what you meant, & I did not believe that you meant to hurt anyone's feelings.
It's difficult many times when we just have our words to express our thoughts/feelings.

I think this debate could go on 4ever & I hope it's the only problem that our membership has to deal with : )
===========================================
Thanks everyone for your post/opinions on this subject & for respecting everyone's opinion....Some may never agree with yours, but will accept the fact that you have the right to believe what you want to believe 4-Sure....

Be happy to own & drive any Monte Carlo of your choice & that you can afford to EnJoy...Peace`Out from `Space

Old 04-25-2011, 10:51 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

If anything it's a 6.5, but when a vehicle changes almost everything, minus the roof line, doors, and the frame, that seems significant enough to call it a new generation.

Old 04-25-2011, 07:18 PM

Hated the Impala front end on the 7th gen Monte Carlo. Loved the V8. Hated that the V8 wasn't RWD.

Last edited by jwjones; 04-25-2011 at 07:55 PM.

Quick Reply: 6th gen VS 7th gen