General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

2006 SS Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 07:00 PM

Nice car you got there man!!!

At least you know whats your year. LOL

Oh yea, im trying to get some SS headrests, if you know from where to get them PM. THANKS!

Old 03-20-2009, 09:25 AM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Cully77
I'm in, has to be a saturday or sunday for me. I'm in Arlington heights, where's the most common area for us to meet? On another forum (w-body) we're getting together fairly soon (forget the date, i'll get it) at Dave and Busters in Addison, IL. You guys down for that?
Isn't there a Dave and Busters in Schaumburg? Schaumburg would be a better location for me but am still up for suggestions.

Old 03-20-2009, 10:25 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

Originally Posted by Cully77
I'm in, has to be a saturday or sunday for me. I'm in Arlington heights, where's the most common area for us to meet? On another forum (w-body) we're getting together fairly soon (forget the date, i'll get it) at Dave and Busters in Addison, IL. You guys down for that?
Addison, IL is about 46.9 miles (an hour) away from Highland, IN. That isn't too bad. Perhaps, depending on other plans we could arrange it.

Originally Posted by Taz
Love the pics!

(Resisting the urge to use the obvious Simpson's reference, and say that your car looks "Exxxxxxxxcellent!")

The larger Impala headrests take getting used to when you're used to seeing the smaller Monte headrests. But they look great, and give the interior a better look.

Now do something about that dome light will ya? Seriously, something I miss about my old Grand Am is the dome light had a switch on it that allowed you to either use the dome light as normal, turn it on permanently, or turn it off permanently. I chose to turn it off permanently. Sure you can just take the bulb out, but if you ever need to use it for some reason, you can't. Unless you keep the bulb in the glove box.
Thanks! Yeah, Monte Burns has been great to me these few months I've had him so far. It's a great car.

The larger headrests do bother me a bit. I liked the lower profile of the OEM Monte ones, better, but I have a feeling it would have been a hassle to have them custom embroidered. This is a good alternative.

The dome light will be changed out to an LED, just to please all of you! Even if we had a switch I would have it setup to automatically turn on with the doors and what not, just like it does now. I like to see inside the car before I get in. Stranger danger!!

Originally Posted by 00SSsupercharged
Nice car you got there man!!!

At least you know whats your year. LOL

Oh yea, im trying to get some SS headrests, if you know from where to get them PM. THANKS!
Thanks! I found my "Impala" headrests on ebay for a decent price. Keep an eye out or try to find a custom shop you can take it to.

Originally Posted by AwsomeSS
Isn't there a Dave and Busters in Schaumburg? Schaumburg would be a better location for me but am still up for suggestions.
Schaumburg is even further for me... The one in Evergreen Park would be better for me! lol

Thanks again for all your guys comments!! New pics will be added as soon as the wheels are mounted and the car is cleaned again. Damn rain!

Old 03-20-2009, 10:33 AM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

I guess Addison isn't too far for me it's about 30 miles or 45 minutes. And it looks like it's not too hard to get to from my house.

Old 03-20-2009, 05:54 PM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2011
10 Year Member

Well there is not any D&B in schaumburg for me actually, but schaumburg is very close to me. But anyway, that's where the meet will be for w-body, if that doesn't work for some of us, we'll work it out!

Teddy, anxiously awaiting the new pics (btw, what name do you prefer haha)

Actually that has me thinking, maybe i'll call and auto interior place and see what embroidery would run.

Old 03-20-2009, 10:13 PM

cully for that embroidry you should also see how much it would run to put some silver stitchin in the seats. give it some flavor in our oh so bland interior.

but i forgot the date that you were sayin for a meet up. im out in colorado for the next week here so thats not possible. mayby in a month or so iwill pm anyone that i can and come to a consenssus and actually meet up somewhere in the middle.

Old 03-21-2009, 10:28 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

As far as my name goes. It doesn't matter one bit.

I'm with inssanity21 on this. Lets wait a while. Then the weather will be nicer and we can agree on a more local area that will make everyone happy.

Old 03-21-2009, 10:52 AM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2011
10 Year Member

Ok, well i'll still let everyone know about the D&B when I find out in case anyone still wants to come.

sorry for cluttering up your picture thread but this is exciting that I might get to meet some MCF people!