General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

183.9MPH!!in a monte SS

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2005, 04:55 PM
Photobucket
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default 183.9MPH!!in a monte SS

you asked me what a basicaly stock monte could do well here ya go
183.9MPH acorrding to two diffrent GPS handhelds. that is where it tachs out at with your rev limiter set to 6500.

Now oi would not recomend trying it if you have no idea how to drive that fast or havent done it before the car dose get lose at about 140.mph and after that when you left off it will get real lose on you but i made three runs with it on the auto bond on the way back from the car show with me and a SRT-4 we were playing around a bit. (his is a 10 sec. 1/4 mile car)
he could not keep up after a certin pont with his 4 bannger LOL shame on him for tryign but it was all in good fun and a striaght road with no speed limit.

but that is what she will run before the computer shuts you off and slows you down and it jcuts off hard hard when it shuts you down but that is to save the motor im sure . but anyway there ya go. Im done playing now i proved it would go faster then teh speed o im happy now.:-)

Old 07-03-2005, 07:27 PM
Default RE: 183.9MPH!!in a monte SS

ORIGINAL: mickey

you asked me what a basicaly stock monte could do well here ya go
183.9MPH acorrding to two diffrent GPS handhelds. that is where it tachs out at with your rev limiter set to 6500.

Now oi would not recomend trying it if you have no idea how to drive that fast or havent done it before the car dose get lose at about 140.mph and after that when you left off it will get real lose on you but i made three runs with it on the auto bond on the way back from the car show with me and a SRT-4 we were playing around a bit. (his is a 10 sec. 1/4 mile car)
he could not keep up after a certin pont with his 4 bannger LOL shame on him for tryign but it was all in good fun and a striaght road with no speed limit.

but that is what she will run before the computer shuts you off and slows you down and it jcuts off hard hard when it shuts you down but that is to save the motor im sure . but anyway there ya go. Im done playing now i proved it would go faster then teh speed o im happy now.:-)
Holy cow...... So, how did it handle @ 183? I don't think there is anywhere here in the states to even get close to that one... How long did it take you to hit that kind of speeds?

TVW

Old 07-03-2005, 07:52 PM
Photobucket
15 Year Member

we were already running about 85-90 cruse speed, so when he got in to his i took off after him he could not get rid of me completly but he was a bitch to keep ahold of . but due to him already doing what we were he could not get all of his full potential out of it. he was already in 4th gear when he tried to run off LOL

i would say from that speed it took me a mile to two miles to get it up to wher eit cut out.
Now at the same time his cut out on him at 179 according to what he told me but i dont know if it cut out or he backed out of it. but he was not to hard to out run in the long distance but in a 1/4 mile he would have ate my lunch and left me change. his car is verry quick out of the hole and down the 1/4 mile. I just got luck we were in a place i had distance on my side.

one other thing i can tell ya about is to make sure you have a full tank of fule for weight and also becuse you will need it LOL
I costed in to the pumps with fumes after we were done playing and i lef tthe house with a full tank and only went 120 km.
so you can almost watch the gas guage get sucked down.
i was also doing it to see if my speedo was right since i pulled the needels off for the over lays and it is dead on .
Mileage will be the next test for it.

handeling sux at those speeds hence why i said if you dont know how to drive please dont try it PLEASE~~!!!!!!!!!

i dont want to hear of someone getting scraped up with a trash bag and a shovel not worth it.

but it gets light in the front end when you get up there an dyou can deal with that but it is the time from when you back out of it it gets scary almost. the car feels solid but you can feel it floating on the road kind of hardd to explin bet boost might know what im talking about you feel as if the car is real light and with a cross wind you would be in to the guard rail.
but i know what it will do now and im happy with it dont need those kid of speeds in a dial drive but great to know i have it if i have to use it, I might do other stuff to it just for show but i dont see me racing it to hard.

thing i thought was funny was the look on his face when i out ran him he has the stage 3kit in his and i just got him out of distance i know that but it was funny to see his face when i went past him . he had me threw the 1/4 with out even thinking of it those SRT's are not slow at all. his is defently not.

Old 07-04-2005, 01:41 AM
CMC
10 Year Member

Nope, I'm in total disbelief.

Old 07-04-2005, 01:48 AM

well i think i'll put wings on mine before i try that speed

Old 07-04-2005, 03:15 AM
Monte Of The Month - July 2005

haha im with warpath on that one completly

Old 07-04-2005, 06:31 AM
Photobucket
15 Year Member

yeah mine wont see it again i dont think but was fun for the short time it did.

CMC that is just what the Gps said so i have no other way to belive anything saying it was slowere or faster then that.
so i will go with what it was reading. but belive it or not . this is your choice

Old 07-04-2005, 11:26 AM

Nope, I'm in total disbelief.

Just curious..... Is it not mechanically possible? What are your thoughts on this one??

TVW

Old 07-04-2005, 12:27 PM
Monte Of The Month - July 2005

i think its possible i mean i havent even seen the top end of mine and i thought i had pushed it hard but i can tell theres still alot more

Old 07-06-2005, 02:49 AM
CMC
10 Year Member

Mechanically possible, yes, with stock power, no.