General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

100+

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 11:16 PM
Default 100+

so i was on my way home from work tonight and had 3 lanes of empty highway in front of me, i decided to do a little high speed run...and noticed that my car REALLY gives up accelerating when i get above 105 or so, i could actually feel the car slow its acceleration, i kept it to the floor for a long time, and just barely got to about 112

is this a common thing? or is there something (else) wrong with my car?

Old 03-19-2009, 12:04 AM

if i remember right 105 is when it shifts into 4th (overdrive) or maybe thats just my car...i cant remember what stock is anymore so that could b a factor. also ur fuel shutoff and rev limiter prolly cut u off

Old 03-19-2009, 01:37 AM

it is probably your governor shutting you down but i didnt think it would be around 112 that is what it is on most of the malibus but from what i know the ss and supercharged should be around 128 without the limiter removed

Old 03-19-2009, 06:47 AM

mine does the same thing. As soon as I get around 105 the rpms drop to around 3500 and it slowly creeps up to 110.

Old 03-19-2009, 06:52 AM

Monte Of The Month -- April 2011
GOT SPL

mine stays in it fast just like everywhere else till about 118 or so then it about stays there. it still accels some especially if you are going down hill some, but if its flats its cuts out at about 118

Old 03-19-2009, 08:52 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

Wow... That's a really low governor. My Stratus was set around 134.

Old 03-19-2009, 10:05 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

no thats probably about right, it can only accelerate for so long, i dont remember what my monte did, i know my magnum goes quiete a bit further than that before it slows down...but it does the same thing...once you hit a certain speed the acceleration rate drops off

Old 03-19-2009, 11:58 AM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Blown04SS
so i was on my way home from work tonight and had 3 lanes of empty highway in front of me, i decided to do a little high speed run...and noticed that my car REALLY gives up accelerating when i get above 105 or so, i could actually feel the car slow its acceleration, i kept it to the floor for a long time, and just barely got to about 112

is this a common thing? or is there something (else) wrong with my car?
What, no pics or at least a video?

Old 03-20-2009, 12:59 AM

Originally Posted by rj
What, no pics or at least a video?
i could try to take one with my cell phone if i get another open stretch of highway, but i wouldnt know how to post it

and its not the gov, rev limiter, or fuel cut-off, it still accelerates, just MUCH slower after it slowed i made it to about 112 and it was still accelerating...i just let off cuz i was coming up on some cars

i used to hit the gov in my grand prix all the time, it was at 107 and thats not at all what the monte is doing, the rpms dont drop, the exhaust note doesnt change, its just like it runs out of power

Old 03-20-2009, 06:28 AM
Arrow Ultimate Power Upgrade ?

Hi `Jon,
If your cat isn't clogged, and all your sensors are `ok
and you are in tune. I would have your auto computer reflashed, or look into upgrades like below.
Keep us updated. Good Luck from `Space

THE ULTIMATE POWER UPGRADE
Unleash ALL of your vehicle's potential with the best tuning tool available in the world

Automotive Performance TuningTHE ALL NEW UNICHIP Q CHIP!
Programmable Piggyback ECU Computer

TESTED PERFORMANCEThe Unichip's development for every vehicle involves demanding testing on the dyno, as well as in the field in a variety of environmental conditions and elevations
UP TO 30% MORE POWERThe Unichip releases more power from your engine, taking advantage of what stock and aftermarket components leave behind
SMOOTHER PERFORMANCEThe Unichip's software is crafted to your specific engine, adding power where available and smoothing out the RPM curve for more power across the entire band
PLUG N' PLAY CONNECTORSThe Unichip uses custom-manufactured OEM connectors to connect the piggyback processor with the factory OEM computer
INVISIBLE INSTALLATIONThe Unichip installs leaving absolutely NO FOOTPRINT - meaning its completely invisible to factory diagnostic tools
MAXIMIZE THE POTENTIALThe Unichip is engineered to maximise the potential of aftermarket add-ons such as Cold Air Intakes, Turbos, Superchargers or Exhaust Systems

http://www.unichip.us/index.asp?gclid=CIqcr9GxsZkCFSQMDQodV3ew7A

Quick Reply: 100+