General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

07 SS going back to dealership...2nd time

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2014, 08:22 AM
1 Year Member
Default 07 SS going back to dealership...2nd time

Hi All,
Bought my 07 Monte SS from a GM dealership a month ago, going back to the dealer today to fix the "Service Airbag" issue and a Valvetrain noise, ive tried using 94 octane gas to see if it was just a "ping", noise didnt go away. Also, my seats dont heat up..much. My wifes 07 Impala SS get pretty hot so im assuming the 07 Montes seat should heat up just as well? I purchased a extended warranty but dont want to pay 100$ deductible when its still under their 3 month warranty Car has 90,000kms on it.. Anyone else run into these sort of problems at this milage? Other than these few problems its an amazing car.

Thanks

Old 02-19-2014, 08:42 AM

I took my 2000 to the dealer for some recalls and it came back messed up. It came back with a miss in it. I won't take it back there. I'll do the work myself.LOL

Old 02-19-2014, 08:51 AM

Congratulations on your 'new' car.

Mines an 06 SS, so a year older and a lot more KM's., 227,300.

My driver seat heater hasn't worked in 4 years. Apparently a wire breaks inside the seat, just after the connection. I never bothered taking it apart. They say you can take the seat cover off and solder it back together.

I've had a slight valve ping ever since new. Dealer said, when it was new, "don't worry about it, they all do that." It has only got slightly worse in almost 8 years.

I've never had an airbag issue.

I hope I don't scare you but, the biggest issue with these cars is the transmission, but you don't have enough km's yet. According to the guy who re-built mine, 140 to 200k km's is all you'll get out of the average transmission. I think the transmission is the reason for the low re-sale value.

Enjoy your Monte! Spring is coming eventually....

Old 02-19-2014, 10:13 AM
1 Year Member
Default RE: Monte SS

Thing about the noisy valve train or tappet noise is our 07 Impala SS has 150,000 on her and shes pretty quiet even during a cold start up, like the -29 temps we had a few weeks ago, i read a service bulletin with regards to a "noisy" tappet, it was due to a valve unlocking (AFM) and not letting oil to pump up? Hmm. Im going to get them to fix the rattle in both doors and the annoying squeak where the windshield meets the dash, i figured i could live it and fix it myself once the warm weather hits but its getting to be a bit too much. As with the transmission i wont have her long enough to run into that problem, it'll be paid off in 2 years and then traded in for a '14 GMC All Terrain... Thats the plan anyway.
Thanks for responses!

Old 02-19-2014, 10:41 AM

Since you've got 90, 00 km's on it, and its new to you, you should make sure the transmission fluid has been changed.
Good Luck!

Old 02-19-2014, 11:43 AM

Monte of the Month -- August 2013
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by TomF106SS
Congratulations on your 'new' car.

Mines an 06 SS, so a year older and a lot more KM's., 227,300.

My driver seat heater hasn't worked in 4 years. Apparently a wire breaks inside the seat, just after the connection. I never bothered taking it apart. They say you can take the seat cover off and solder it back together.

I've had a slight valve ping ever since new. Dealer said, when it was new, "don't worry about it, they all do that." It has only got slightly worse in almost 8 years.

I've never had an airbag issue.

I hope I don't scare you but, the biggest issue with these cars is the transmission, but you don't have enough km's yet. According to the guy who re-built mine, 140 to 200k km's is all you'll get out of the average transmission. I think the transmission is the reason for the low re-sale value.

Enjoy your Monte! Spring is coming eventually....
Thanks for that info Tom, my drivers heater seat stopped working too and I believe 06MistreSS's (Matt) has also had the same problem.

Old 02-19-2014, 11:58 AM
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by TomF106SS
Since you've got 90, 00 km's on it, and its new to you, you should make sure the transmission fluid has been changed.
Good Luck!
Yeah i'll do that.
Thanks