General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Hats off to the Chevy Dealership!

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 04:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Hats off to the Chevy Dealership!

Commonwealth Chevy is where I took the Monte, yesterday, and the Dealership was closed! They had every new car in the inventory inside the Service Bays to keep them from being snowed on. The ONLY guy around was the Warranty Man ... THE VERY guy I needed to see. He reviewed my Extended Warranty (Good 'til 101,000 Miles) and told me I had a Valid Contract and made an appointment for me, today.

Today I brought the Monte in at 9AM and was greeted by the Service Writer who was briefed by the Warranty Guy and they took my car in for the needed servicing. The Service Writer called the Warranty Company and fought like crazy to get the whole deal ... Turn Signal / Wiper / Lights Multifunction Switch and a Cruise Control Module paid for under the agreement. He nearly got the whole deal done. I have to pay for one hour of diagnostic time. One hours worth of Labor at $90.00 (90-Bucks) an hour.

I can do that, After all ... the Service Guy had the Dealership's Shuttle Driver make a run taking me all the way home so I wouldn't have to wait for a ride. That was 25-miles worth of ride home ... one way!

So ... the BIG Update is that I'm just waiting until tomorrow to go and pick-up the Monte ... Done! They are having the guy pick me up to go get the car ... not too shabby. I'm tipping him BIG for running me home and picking me up.

This Dealership is Clean, Modern and hell-bent on Customer Service! I'm sorry I didn't think that the Extended Warranty applied to stuf other than Driveline before I took the Monte in.
At least I'll have High and Low beams and a Cruise Control that minds me and doesn't have a mind of its own when I get her back and try not to get involved in a fender bender wiath some idiot who can't drive on snow covered roads.

I'm a Chevy Guy now.
Guess that must be a good thing.

Oh, yea ... I almost forgot.

I got a pair of of the "Monte Carlo" script badges for behind my doors ... AND ... AND ... AND ... :

A Bow-Tie Exhaust Tip. $9.99 + Ship off eBay.

Street look happening!

Old 01-15-2008, 04:45 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008
Default RE: Hats off to the Chevy Dealership!

Good for you and your dealer.[sm=smiley32.gif]

Old 01-15-2008, 07:50 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

why won't NC Chevy dealers do that? all i get from this a really good run around....

Damn you Chris Leith, Bobby Murray, and Charles Boyd... [:@]

Old 01-16-2008, 12:55 PM

That is how the dealership I go to is. They have always treated me good and got the problem fixed right away, no run around

Old 01-16-2008, 03:30 PM

Glad to hear it, Rick, that's what a good dealer does. My local dealer sold me my last 2 vehicles before the 06 (had to go 90 miles away to get that one), they have already done a warranty job for the 06 (OnStar battery),no questions asked! I would have bought it from them if they had one.

Old 01-16-2008, 04:06 PM

I bought my last 2 cars from them. My dad bought his94 and 03 Suburban, we still have both. My mom with her Trailblazer and Envoy. My sister with her New Yorker and her 03 Blazer and my G/F with her 04 MC LS.

Old 01-16-2008, 04:23 PM
10 Year Member

The finished the job. Looks like I'm back in action. They picked me up and brought me right to the Dealership. The Monte was ready. They even put back on all the Column Covers and trim I took off trying to do that Switch myself. Check-out was a breeze. I had to pay a hundred bucks on nearly a $750.00 charge for everything. But, I have all my Lights and the Cruise Control seemed OK for the brief time I had it engaged returning home from the Dealership.

I filled-out the Customer Satisfaction Survey and gave them the highest marks for the whole experience. The Shuttle Driver was nice and kindly told me to keep the tip I offered to him saying that he was just doing his job and it wasn't necessary. So, I bought Coffee for us on the way back and we talked about cars and football all the way back to the Dealership.

I feel a lot better about having to bring my Monte in to the Dealer now. Their business is to get it done right and that's what they did for me.

Old 01-16-2008, 06:00 PM
rj
15 Year Member

Nice job.

Old 01-17-2008, 09:43 AM

LOL what do you guys think, is my car still under warranty? can i take it to the dealership for problems to be fixed?
LOL

Old 01-17-2008, 12:32 PM
rj
15 Year Member

It's not under the original 100yr/1,000,000 mile warranty?

Quick Reply: Hats off to the Chevy Dealership!