General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

06 ltz factory radio

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 12:36 PM
Default 06 ltz factory radio

So who still has their factory stereo system in? I have a 06 Monte LTZ factory radio(am/fm cd player) with out the amp in the trunk and i would say that it isnt very loud or clear? have had it replaced and has helped a bit but sounds distorted. I have looked in the forums and havent seen anything on this. I have owned a 95 Monte and the stereo was awsome. So what can i do to make this stereo sound better and louder with out taking the unit out and putting a aftermarket in? or do i not have a choice? Thanks for you help guys!!

Old 03-28-2008, 12:40 AM
Default RE: 06 ltz factory radio

I agree with you totally.. I have an 06 Monte LT and even though I love the 6 Disc / MP3 / XM player, it is no where near as loud as my 03 Monte SS with the factory amp in the trunk.. I would love to be able to just add an Amp to my current system.

Old 03-28-2008, 12:55 AM

I'm pretty much pat on running the AM/FM/Tape/Single Disc Stock music factory that comes from where the cars are born. If I fool around and put-in something aftermarket it's going to mean that I'm coming out of the movie and finding a window broken and the upscale car-tunes unit ... gone!

I've got Stock Aluminum Wheels. I'm worried about some low-life grabbing those and taking off with them.
I'm sure that if this Monte of mine didn't have a vinyl roof to set it apart from others ... Car thieves would be off with my whole ride if I didn't take some Big City precautions.

I used to have my dog with me all the time ... but, he went to the Big Dog House in the Sky ... so, that leaves me at the mercy of the GM anti-theft system.

Old 03-28-2008, 09:13 AM

Did some research and had a some different answers.. if it sounds bad now with the factory head and you add a amp and new speakers it will sound even worse.. then another says the speakers that come factory are a 10 ohm which im told is too big? he said maybe start out by swapping the speakers with a 4 ohm set and see how it sounds. then add a amp later to if need and if that didnt help put in an aftermarket head. so i am still up in the air on what to do next. i have a friend that owns a saturn swapped out factory radio which sounded good from the start but wanted a cd player, he bought a pioneer player and his rear speakers are a 10 ohm factory aswell and sound just as good as the factory or a bit better.so right now im still not sure if a lower number ohm speaker will solve my problem. Just might be a low performace factory head? Anyone with some input on the ohm's would sure be helpful.

Old 03-28-2008, 09:40 AM

The speakers themselves sound just fine, nothing wrong, I just want it louder is all.