General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

04 Dalejr cars..

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2012, 06:42 PM

I paid $8,500 for mine in Dec 09 with 87,600 miles on it. I've seen some for sale with less miles and cheaper since then. I think mine has most all of the options offered that year.

Canada prices are crazy. I wouldn't be able to afford anything up there. LOL.

Wayne

Old 11-28-2012, 08:10 AM
Default dale jr certificates

when i bought my dale jr it came with number and 3 certificates including picture with dale with the car and authentication papers

Old 11-28-2012, 09:10 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by limited edition ss boy
when i bought my dale jr it came with number and 3 certificates including picture with dale with the car and authentication papers
I think you may be referring to the same three sheets I got with mine. There's a cover letter, a picture commonly referred to as a "hero card", and the actual certificate. There's only one "certificate" in the envelope. It's the silver colored card with the build # out of 2883, and the car's VIN. The hero card is a full color picture of Dale leaning against a Dale Jr edition Monte on one side, and the car's features on the other side. The cover letter is a white piece of paper from GM congratulating you on owning the car.

If they gave you three silver colored certificates, that would be interesting. Because everyone who's contacted Chevy to get their certificate of authenticity was met with the reply that "there's only one certificate, and it's given to the original owner -- go find him and bother him." Or something else to that degree. Although lately, GM has been willing to send out something to people who have called and asked about their build #. So anything is possible I guess.

Old 11-29-2012, 12:00 PM

Yea mine is #336

Old 11-29-2012, 12:40 PM

Man I wish I would have bought me a Sig series, but I did not know of them when I first got my Monte. I am thinking of getting most of the additions don't on mine that some of the Sig's do.

Old 11-29-2012, 06:32 PM
Taz

15 Year Member

Originally Posted by werewolf-odst
Man I wish I would have bought me a Sig series, but I did not know of them when I first got my Monte. I am thinking of getting most of the additions don't on mine that some of the Sig's do.
Like what? What have you got planned?

Old 12-01-2012, 11:20 AM

The thing I want to do mostly is the decals. The NASCAR insipred stripes you got you yours Taz. And I also want to do get some the signatures and Terminator and Monte Carlo lower panel decals. Also the knight creast that is on the side panel, behind the panel window that comes on the '00 to '04 SS's

Old 12-01-2012, 06:34 PM
Taz

15 Year Member

Originally Posted by werewolf-odst
The thing I want to do mostly is the decals. The NASCAR insipred stripes you got you yours Taz. And I also want to do get some the signatures and Terminator and Monte Carlo lower panel decals. Also the knight creast that is on the side panel, behind the panel window that comes on the '00 to '04 SS's
Okay. Here goes...

The stripes on the Dale Jr editions are super expensive if you want factory originals. They're sold in sections. Not as a complete set. If you bought factory originals from a dealership, you'd easily spend about $1,000 per side, the last time I checked prices. If they even have any left. Your best bet for the stripes is either reproductions from the internet, or just painting the stripes on. You may want to keep in mind the factory stripes are black and metallic silver. I'm not sure how well they'll show up on a grey Monte. Won't be as obvious as they are on the red Montes. But should still look okay.

When you say Terminator, do you mean Intimidator?

The knight's crest on the side of the car came on the LS model. If you're looking for them, they should be listed under the 6th gen LS model.

All in all, it sounds cool.

Old 12-02-2012, 12:19 PM

Dang, that is a bit of money. I was not gonna go to the dealership for those, and yea, that color combo willl look weird on the grey paint. I was gonna have them a different color. And yes, *facepalm* I meant Intemidator, *spell check*. It will be a bit of chaos, but I will try and make it all tie together. And mine for not come with the crests. I want the ones that came on the seventies Monte.

Old 12-02-2012, 01:37 PM
Taz

15 Year Member

It may take a bit of searching for the crests from the 70's Montes. But they're out there. You may have to grind off the alignment studs on the back. But thats no big deal. The crests that came on the 6th gens don't usually peel off in one piece very easily anyway. Have to be very careful if you wanted to grab a couple from a junked Monte.

Quick Reply: 04 Dalejr cars..