General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

04 Dalejr cars..

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2012, 12:50 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Red Nightmare
did not come with a trunk lid ): That could explain why there is yellowish glue stuck on top of the trunk. Good feeling the guy sold all that stuff..

This is the one I'm talking about. When it's on correctly, and the edges of the decal don't have wax residue on them (like in this picture), you can't tell it's a decal. But I've never seen the factory ones on ebay. Only ever saw ones like the one you found. If GM even still has any of the originals, they'd probably charge you huge for it.

Maybe consider getting the one you found, and just put it on the right side of the trunk lid. Get black if you can. A red signature on a red car wouldn't show very well.

Old 10-03-2012, 11:14 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2013
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I thought you mean a cover inside the trunk.. lol wowww
I deserve a facepalm for that.

I plan on keeping the signature I found in red, putting it on the black trim on the side.
pic:

obviously photoshopped in..

I called the number that one of the other members posted in here, they said I had #7 & gave me a telephone number to order a new certificate. (apparently monte carlos have a special number for anything involving their cars..) Will be doing that tomorrow

Last edited by Red Nightmare; 10-03-2012 at 11:19 PM. Reason: typo
Old 10-04-2012, 07:26 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

HOLY F-
I got #7 out of 2883!
talk about a lucky number!
WoHoo! Great # for sure!

The earlier the number...The more collectable it will become!
Which would make me consider replaceing all the original Decals etc....(placement)
The more original it is, The more its value will increase! and make it even more "Collectable" !!!

What a great find! CONGRATS!

Last edited by STUMPMI; 10-04-2012 at 07:29 AM.
Old 10-04-2012, 07:57 AM
Taz

15 Year Member

Congrats on finding out you have #7. Definitely get the certificate of authenticity if you can. Having a single digit build number is a big thing if/when you go to sell the car.

And I like the signature placement you photoshopped. More original than putting it above the door like the real racecar.

Old 10-04-2012, 08:43 AM

I thought you mean a cover inside the trunk.. lol wowww
I deserve a facepalm for that.

I plan on keeping the signature I found in red, putting it on the black trim on the side.
pic:

obviously photoshopped in..

I called the number that one of the other members posted in here, they said I had #7 & gave me a telephone number to order a new certificate. (apparently monte carlos have a special number for anything involving their cars..) Will be doing that tomorrow
Let me know what happens when you call the number for the replacment certiificate (what # was it)? They would only give me a letter. If you get a replacment cert I would like to call the number you got...thx

Old 10-04-2012, 08:52 AM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by DE02Carlo
Let me know what happens when you call the number for the replacment certiificate (what # was it)? They would only give me a letter. If you get a replacment cert I would like to call the number you got...thx
1-888-739-9817
calling them now..

Old 10-04-2012, 04:18 PM
Taz

15 Year Member

Please let us know what happens. If you get the actual certificate or not.

The original certs are a thick paper. Almost a cardboard feel. And is silver-grey in color. But also came with a cover letter that looks like this...

Old 10-04-2012, 10:53 PM
10 Year Member

so they didn't call me back today...will be calling them tomorrow to see whats up..

Old 10-05-2012, 09:33 AM
Taz

15 Year Member

so they didn't call me back today...will be calling them tomorrow to see whats up..
That's probably your best bet. Otherwise you'll be waiting forever, and they may never call you.

If you haven't seen the actual certificate, this is it. It doesn't look like it in the picture, but the grey background is actually kinda like a metallic silver.

Old 10-05-2012, 10:38 AM
10 Year Member

so after calling today, I've been put on to 5 different people. Everyone with the "uhhhhhhhhhh......." answer.

Hopefully this guy calls me back, he's going to call the company he gets the owners manuals from (sounds like the way to go!) and took my vin. If not he's going to try and get the # to GM customer service.
I hope I can get it!

& I've seen a real certificate before..the last show I gone to with the NY monte carlo club we found another dalejr with the certificate.

Last edited by Red Nightmare; 10-05-2012 at 10:39 AM. Reason: more information

Quick Reply: 04 Dalejr cars..