General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

04 Dalejr cars..

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2012, 06:44 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Its about $200 each for the decals if u wanna put em back on

Old 10-02-2012, 06:52 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Not all of the Dale Jr editions came with all the external decals installed from the factory. JuniorCar Brent's Dale Jr edition didn't have the 8's or the stripes. I also saw another one at the dealership I bought mine without the stripes. It depended on how the car was ordered.

What ever decals the factory didn't install, were included in a cardboard box in the trunk.

I think what you have is the result of a previous owner who didn't care about keeping all the pieces together. I suspect the missing Dale Jr edition pieces from your car were sold on ebay a long time ago. Including your headrests. Previous owner probably got a set of plain headrests cheap from a junk yard, and sold your Dale Jr ones on ebay.

A fast and easy way to tell if you have a real Dale Jr edition...

Look at the "Service Parts Identification" sticker inside your trunk. It'll be a white sticker with a black stripe across the top. On it, you should see your VIN# at the top, and a whole list of 3 digit option codes. One of the 3 digit option codes should be "DEJ". That is the option code for the Dale Earnhardt Jr package. On the sticker in my trunk, it's the second option code from the top in the first column on the left.

You can also look at the information stickers on the drivers door. One of them should be trademark information on the #8 and the "E" stripes. It starts out like this...

"The #8 stylized trademark and "E" Stripes Design are owned by and licensed under the administration of Dale Earnhardt Inc."

It goes on from there, but you get the idea. The factory installs that sticker on the driver's door for legal reasons. If someone created a clone, it won't be there. They wouldn't bother putting that on.

If it helps you at all, mine was built in February 2004. And my build number is #544 of 2883.

Old 10-02-2012, 07:00 PM
Taz

15 Year Member

If you do decide to install the missing decals, and want the correct locations and proper spacing and such, let me know. I can give you the placement/spacing from my car.

Oh yeah, the 8's are different on each side of the car. The 8 always tilts toward the front of the car. So the driver's side tilts to the left, and the passenger side tilts to the right.

Old 10-02-2012, 07:15 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I think it looks good. I say leave it the way it is.

Old 10-02-2012, 09:54 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2013
10 Year Member

it does have the decal on the door ("The #8 stylized trademark and "E" Stripes.........").

Old 10-02-2012, 09:56 PM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by lougreen03
I think it looks good. I say leave it the way it is.
I do like it without the numbers, I just want those headrests! They look too boring..

Plan on putting this decal right underneath the "supercharged SS" logo on the sign: Dale Earnhardt JR Signature, Nascar, NA01 - #1 source for Vinyl Decals
I think it suits it well.

Old 10-03-2012, 08:59 AM
Taz

15 Year Member

Do you have the "Dale Jr" signature on the trunk lid?

I don't blame you for leaving the 8's off the outside. It's not his number anymore anyway. The stripes are a big thing though. I get a lot of people who really like the look of the Dale Jr editions for the stripes and wheels.

As for the headrests, keep a watch on ebay and craigslist for them.

Old 10-03-2012, 10:39 AM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by Taz
Do you have the "Dale Jr" signature on the trunk lid?

I don't blame you for leaving the 8's off the outside. It's not his number anymore anyway. The stripes are a big thing though. I get a lot of people who really like the look of the Dale Jr editions for the stripes and wheels.

As for the headrests, keep a watch on ebay and craigslist for them.
did not come with a trunk lid ): That could explain why there is yellowish glue stuck on top of the trunk. Good feeling the guy sold all that stuff..

Old 10-03-2012, 12:29 PM
10 Year Member

HOLY F-
I got #7 out of 2883!
talk about a lucky number!

Old 10-03-2012, 12:39 PM
Taz

15 Year Member

Originally Posted by Red Nightmare
HOLY F-
I got #7 out of 2883!
talk about a lucky number!
Where/how did you find that out?

That would be cool if it's true. I would've thought the single digit cars would've gone to executives, etc. Maybe it did, and the person didn't want it anymore? Who knows.

Wait a minute. You bought a car without a trunk lid?

Quick Reply: 04 Dalejr cars..