General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

~ Chevy in NASCAR ~

Old 07-27-2007, 08:24 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default ~ Chevy in NASCAR ~

[align=center][/align][align=center]Members, Read the below post on Chevy NASCAR WINS[/align][align=center](Go to the MCF NASCAR Predictions, & Post your picks)[/align][align=center]See what member makes the best pick's[/align][align=center]
Cup Race Preview
Posted by: MSulka on Jul 27, 2007 - 06:47 AM

Brickyard: Chevy NASCAR Nextel Cup Race Preview

· Chevrolet has won 8 of 13 NASCAR Cup races at Indianapolis Motor Speedway since the first in 1994, more than any other manufacturer.

· Team Chevy drivers occupy 10 of the top-12 spots in the point standings

· Chevrolet leads the Manufacturers’ Cup standings with 15 wins in 19 races

· Team Chevy has led the point standings since the first race of the season

After a welcome weekend off, the NASCAR Nextel Cup Series returns to action at the famed Indianapolis Motor Speedway (IMS) for Sunday’s, Allstate 400 at the Brickyard, Round 20 of 36 races on the 2007 tour.

Hailed as one of the most popular events on the NASCAR circuit, the Allstate 400 at the Brickyard ranks alongside the Daytona 500 and the Nextel All-Star races in prestige. Since the inaugural Indianapolis 500 race in 1911, the facility has become steeped in rich tradition and heritage.

Among the most nostalgic aspects of the race track itself is the famous Yard of Bricks. The original surface of crushed rock and tar was replaced in 1909 by 3.2 million street-paving bricks that were trucked in by rail from the western part of Indiana. Over time, patches of asphalt were applied to the rougher portions of the turns and various sections of the track. By 1939, only about 650 yards of the main straight were still bricks. That portion survived until 1961, when it too was covered over, leaving exposed only three feet of bricks for the entire width of the 2.5-mile track at the start/finish line.

[b]By historic standards, NASCAR is a relatively new annual happening at Indianapolis Motor Speedway. Since the first race there in 1994, four active Team Chevy drivers have celebrated their victories by kissing the bricks at Indy:

· Jeff Gordon (4) 1994, ’98, ’01, and ‘04
· Tony Stewart (1) 2005
· Kevin Harvick (1) 2003
· Jimmie Johnson (1) 2006

Jeff Gordon, No. 24 DuPont Monte Carlo SS, has won more times at IMS than any other driver. He has led the 2007 standings for the past 15 weeks running; beginning with the season’s fifth race at Bristol. (Makes Mod `Wiz very `happy : )

“I'm looking forward to going to Indy. It's the first time that we haven't tested before going there so it's going to be pretty unique. I thought we were really strong there last year even though we had some issues so I'm excited about going back.

“The Brickyard is very difficult to win at; it's a very challenging track and so it takes a really good car and team to win there but it's always very prestigious. It's a big momentum builder in the middle of the summer when things are really getting going for the Chase. All those things put together really set the tone for that team and also sends a message to the rest of the teams."

Fresh from his win at Ch

Old 07-27-2007, 02:02 PM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: ~ Chevy in NASCAR ~

[align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]
2007 NASCAR NEXTEL CUP SERIES
[hr]

It's another record year for Team Chevy. We've added our 26th NASCAR Manufacturers' Championship and Jimmie Johnson's 2006 NASCAR driver of the year and Denny Hamlin's 2006 rookie of the year awards to the trophy case. With the best cars on the track, along with the Chevy Monte Carlo SS and the Chevy Impala SS coming to NASCAR, the 2007 race season promises to be exciting. Team Chevy's award winning team of drivers has eight championships among them: Jimmie Johnson, Dale Earnhardt Jr., Jeff Gordon, Tony Stewart and Kevin Harvick. Team Chevy — An American Revolution.
[/align][align=center]Click below link & once connected check out[/align][align=center]Street vs. Track + Lots more : )[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]http://www.chevrolet.com/chevyracing/nextel/[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]MEMBERS, post your comments on Chevy in Racing.[/align][align=center]Thanks, Space & Bum's[/align]

Old 07-28-2007, 05:34 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: ~ Chevy in NASCAR ~

Jeff Gordon is my pick to win the race this weekend (not my favorite driver, just who I believe will win). I will cry next year when the Monte leaves us... I hope they bring it back in a couple years