General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

* Why did you buy a Monte Carlo ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2012, 10:19 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Question * Why did you buy a Monte Carlo ?

Hi Member's,
Why did you buy, or why do you drive a Chevrolet Monte Carlo ?
=============================================
We's had this question before, but we now have many new member's...Please post how you got your Monte ?
Why did you choose a Monte Carlo ?
What do you like about your Monte Carlo ?
What don't you like ?

We look forward to reading your posts.
Thanks You !

Last edited by Space; 05-31-2012 at 05:40 AM.
Old 05-30-2012, 11:55 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member

I know I'm not a new member, but I'll throw out the short story....
While I've been driving a '93 Grand Am (now a '94), I had wanted a '97-'03 Grand Prix (loved the body style, loved the 3800 drivetrain). By the time I was serious to shop for one, I felt that style was getting a little old and EVERY one I saw had rocker panels rotting out.
I know the '00-'05 Monte is another w-body platform car, but I don't see as many rotting as bad as the Grand Prixs (here's to hoping minor design differences improved the longevity), it had the drive train I wanted, looked equally or even MORE appealing to me then the Grand Prix.
Once I saw the '03 Monte Pace Car (blue and silver), I was hooked. I did not get the Pace Car, but I came as close as I could and I have since made mine BETTER IMO then the Pace Car.
Out of the box, it's a sweet looking ride, handles well, has a drivetrain that feels like it has some strong power behind it and it's comfortable. Seems reason enough.

Old 05-30-2012, 01:04 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Cuz mine was dirt cheap lol, couldnt pass up on the deal, but ive always like the 6th gen style

Old 05-30-2012, 01:16 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Wanted a car to drive so I did not have to always be in my pickup. Went to the Chevrolet dealership and right there on the show room floor was the Monte I now own. The sleek aerodynamic look appealed to me, the test drive went well and so I signed for it and was gone in about 2 hours. Never been a NASCAR guy, still not, never really knew much about the Monte's until after owning it for a couple of years and then REALLY started to take care of it and eventually modifying the car. Now I totally love our 6th gen. Monte's very unique style even more so. Truly a one of a kind sporty body design.

Don't like the FWD platform....

Old 05-30-2012, 01:20 PM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- June 2014
Monte Of The Month -- July 2016
10 Year Member

the looks! was actually looking for a small truck at the time, then saw a monte for sale, and just KNEW that was my next car. it looked like nothing else. So i bought my th gen soon after, gorgeous red color, fell in love with it.
And had to get another after that one my SS!

Old 05-30-2012, 03:27 PM

Monte Of The Month -- October 2012
3 Year Member

Mine was very cheap and only had 56k so what other reason do I need? And it's black

Old 05-30-2012, 03:35 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I was looking for a car to commute to college with. After scouring ebay and craigslist for days on end i saw the monte pop up. Didn't really think much of it, saw it was a chevy. Went and took it for a test drive and was amazed that it had nothing wrong mechanically for such a cheap price. Few days later i handed over some money and 10 months later here i am still driving it. For what it is i love it, comfortable roomy car thats well built and gets reasonable fuel economy.

Old 05-30-2012, 03:39 PM

I wanted something that looked different, was a chevy, and had the SS badge on it lol. But it took me a long time before the decision became final. I was choosing between a 2002 camaro ss (insurance was too high), a cobalt (everyone had one), or an impala (too hard to find an 00-05 ss), so when I saw the monte it was love at first sight. I've always loved American cars so you would never catch me in anything else; reason being imports I think are too small and german cars all look the same. Even with the V6 + FWD I don't care, the cars with iconic names like firebird, camaro, monte carlo, etc will always be visually recognized quicker than a 2012 C300 Benz for example. American cars look better and just are better lol (I'm sure most can agree with me on that). The monte carlo's we drive turns heads and have people guessing half the time. That's the element I like in car, just overall uniqueness and the Monte Carlo has just that.

Old 05-31-2012, 07:15 AM

well my stepdad told me he found me a car when i was 15, we went and picked it up, had to cash in all my savings bonds lol. it was an 86 LS and i just fell in love with the body style, loved the mix of sex appeal and american muscle, ive been through 2 monte since then had to give 1 up for money reasons and the other got totalled when i was hit head on. Its a dream of mine to restore one to my standards and what i want to do, and from the looks of it, its gonn happen!

Old 05-31-2012, 08:22 AM

I got my first one when I was 20. I wanted a 67 Z28 Camaro but my brother was co-signing and thought that would not be a good car for me. So I ended up getting a 74 Monte Carlo (bought in 77). I had it 3 years. Only 1 of two cars I had that long out of a long list. It was a good car...

Quick Reply: * Why did you buy a Monte Carlo ?