FWD Tech Guides '95-'07 Guides/How-To information for FWD Montes 1995-2007

Guide: Security Re-Learn Procedure

Old 02-04-2009, 07:31 PM
Default RE: Security Re-Learn Procedure

i did give that a try and i got nothing it still doesn't start it just clicks the starter doesn't engage and it doesnt try to turn over. i did the relearn procedure 5 or 6 times even to make sure i didnt mess up the first few

Old 02-04-2009, 11:01 PM

most likely with ur remote start install in the process passlock doesnt c the correct parameters and prevents the car from starting...then again it could have sumtin to do with ur starter but i doubt it! maybe its cuz im drunk but i doubt it!

Old 02-05-2009, 04:04 PM

First thing what i would do is check your ignition relay. switch your fan relay with ignition relay and give it a try. If that don't work take start down and take it to auto zone and have it bench tested. Hope the best

Old 02-09-2009, 06:28 PM

the other thing is if you installed the remote start correctly... there is a security bypass that it has to use when starting the car remotely that doesn't happen when you start the car with the key. if that bypass is screwed up (or not installed correctly) it could be causing the issue!

Old 02-09-2009, 10:59 PM

hey guys thanks for all the help. I finally figured it out yesterday. The first problem of it not starting was because the bypass was not installed yet and even for it the car to start with the key the bypass has to be install which i was unaware of as were the installers i talked to. Then after i got the install completed it still would not remote start but everything else worked just fine even the valet takeover. Im not sure why but i had to disconnect the second accessory wire and then reconnect it for it to remote start. thanks again for the help

Old 02-10-2009, 07:44 AM

What kind of bypass did you get for your pass lock 2. I know bulldog security has a 791 bypass but i was wondering if there is any other out on the market.

Old 02-10-2009, 10:45 PM

I have an XK06 from Directed electronics but everyone is going to have their own i believe. I should have gotten the XK01 because that would have worked my passlock and door locks and other things but i didnt know that when i ordered it.

Old 02-12-2009, 11:28 PM

not to say "i told you so" but...

Old 09-20-2009, 07:23 PM

Okay... so this weekend I decided to take my aftermarket HU out and put the original back in, and while i was in the dash I pulled out the secondary alarm system that I had disconnected almost 2 years ago because it sucked and wasn't working right. Everything is in place except the plastic fascia pieces. I figured it would be a good idea before putting everthing on to all the connections and make sure everything is working properly. So I put the key in the ignition and turned it to start the car... nothing. Then I remembered the security re-learn process and went through that. Ive gone all the way through it 4 times now (with 3 cycles each) and nothing. I noticed that when I turn the key to start the car in the box where it would normally say "SECURITY" it says nothing, its just a black screen.

Theres no noise from the starter, no lights on the dash, nothing. But when the key is in the ACC or ON positions the radio works fine and "SECURITY" flashes on the screen, as well as the battery icon, and I get the annoying pinging noise when the door is open as well as "DOOR AJAR". It seems like every thing is fine, except that the car wont start.

Does anyone know whats going on with that? and how I might be able to get my car up and running again.

Almost forgot to tell you, its a 2001 SS

Old 10-27-2010, 07:15 PM

I bought a new lock cylider with passlock because mine froze up and im attempting to do the relearn but my battery is dead so i have it charging off of my truck with jumper cables. My car alarm goes off everytime i try and start it lol why is that?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Guide: Security Re-Learn Procedure