FWD Tech Guides '95-'07 Guides/How-To information for FWD Montes 1995-2007

Mod Guide: Removing SS Emblem Inserts

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2011, 09:13 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

Originally Posted by MillerMonteSS
Thats not a bad idea. I love the contrast that the bright work provides against a dark car or vice versa.
I usually do too, but I like how mine don't contrast at all, and the SS emblem is almost hidden. Helps to that I took the one on the rear completely off. lol

Old 03-04-2011, 09:21 AM

Can't spell PIMP without an MP
Monte Of The Month -- November 2010
2010 Monte Of The Year
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Rick, are they kind of like the Impala SS emblems from the 90's? I liked those too. You had to look for them to be sure that they were there. This is the first thread that I ever started and it's pretty neat to me that people still see it. I made it in August last year.

Old 03-04-2011, 10:15 AM
Photobucket

No, not old ones. They're the new ones that came on the door from the factory. I just added the black insert. See pic.

Old 03-04-2011, 11:37 AM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2011
Monte Of The Month -- July 2014
RED DEVIL

^^^^

those look good like how it just looks like it has a chrome outline...like the rims too

Old 03-04-2011, 12:16 PM
Photobucket

Originally Posted by xxtheshockerxx
^^^^

those look good like how it just looks like it has a chrome outline...like the rims too
Thank you very much!

Old 03-04-2011, 12:29 PM

Can't spell PIMP without an MP
Monte Of The Month -- November 2010
2010 Monte Of The Year

^^^^

X2... They look like they were meant to be together.

Old 03-04-2011, 12:53 PM
Photobucket

Hahaha. Thanks! I'll pat myself on the back, because that's EXACTLY what I'm going for. I want people who know what the car is about to realize how much work and detail I have got into to make it this way, and I want people who have no idea about the car to just look at it and think, "Damn, that's a hot car."

Just wait until the weather breaks. If you've looked at my Garage, you can see my future plans, and they're going to be nice additions.

Old 03-04-2011, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by RickAKATed10
Hahaha. Thanks! I'll pat myself on the back, because that's EXACTLY what I'm going for. I want people who know what the car is about to realize how much work and detail I have got into to make it this way, and I want people who have no idea about the car to just look at it and think, "Damn, that's a hot car."

Just wait until the weather breaks. If you've looked at my Garage, you can see my future plans, and they're going to be nice additions.
I agree with you 100%. I go for clean, understated, and unique. Although if we parked our cars side by side, neither one of them would look that unique!

What plans do you have?

Old 03-04-2011, 05:52 PM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2011
Monte Of The Month -- July 2014
RED DEVIL

Originally Posted by RickAKATed10

cant wait too see whats in store....and i understand the work and thats why i appreciate even the small detail

i kinda wanna get some projector headlights for mine but not sure what would look better black or chrome

then eventually get some new rims and depending on what color headlights i get i will get black/polished or somthing else

Old 03-04-2011, 05:55 PM

cant wait too see whats in store....and i understand the work and thats why i appreciate even the small detail

i kinda wanna get some projector headlights for mine but not sure what would look better black or chrome

then eventually get some new rims and depending on what color headlights i get i will get black/polished or somthing else
Black headlights will look fantastic on your car!

Quick Reply: Mod Guide: Removing SS Emblem Inserts