Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/engine-transmission-performance-adders-12/)
-   -   Zzp 1.0 pcm (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/engine-transmission-performance-adders-12/zzp-1-0-pcm-15061/)

nemesis 07-28-2009 10:59 PM

03 was the last year they make the 02 simulator. i don't think any vendors sell them any more last time i check. amy i wouldn't worry about the case learn yet. if your car start and no check engine light come on after install i wouldn't worry. btw the cooling fan will not turn on after the car is shut off on the 04-05 model. i had someone with the impala said something about the BCM have something to do with it. mine does not turn on at all, but the ic should help out.

Pure2sin 07-28-2009 11:21 PM

I actually just installed mine yesterday. It is not from ZZP but its a PCM V1.0 I gave them the Vin# and I saw the advice for the relearn but that is only used if you install it and you cant start your car. I would assume the only time you need to do the relearn is if the VIN# did not get flashed onto the PCM right or is off by a number or letter. If you chose the option to get the code deleted and the VIN on the PCM is correct I don't see why you would have any issues. GOOD LUCK!

PS- I do have a ZZP bolt on downpipe with cat coming tomrrow so I will have my fingers crossed too I guess! lol (I did not get the code delete might have to send it in to get it done.)

AwesomeSS 07-29-2009 08:05 AM

Pure2sin - Ya, they have my VIN and they should have programed it into the PCM - you might have to send your PCM back to get that code erased. It took 3 weeks for my code to trip, and that's why I am replacing my PCM - only for that reason.
Silverbullitt - well if I have any problems I will contact you because you know a lot about this kinda stuff.
I will keep everyone updated - I am going to do the install this afternoon.

ChibiBlackSheep 07-29-2009 08:36 AM

the Security issue for a PCM is very rare. It's only for like 10% of the cars. You should just be fine with a plug and play.

Whoever was talking about the O2 sims, you can still buy them, but they don't work for the 05, that's why Amy couldn't go that way. In 05 they read codes differently and the O2 sensor does more.

I think you'll be fine Amy, and if worse comes to worse you'll just have to put your old PCM in and then you'll be fine.

AwesomeSS 07-29-2009 02:54 PM

I have the new PCM in but my stupid security light isn't going off! So the car won't start now.

Toasty 07-29-2009 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by AwsomeSS (Post 147983)
I have the new PCM in but my stupid security light isn't going off! So the car won't start now.

it's not turning off after 10-11 minutes?

I double checked the alldata info for it and it matches what i posted before. However, I did see something posted on a forum that I hadn't before KEEP ALL DOORS AND TRUNK CLOSED WHILE PERFORMING THIS PROCEDURE. (roll down window and close door)
  1. Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.
  2. Attempt to start the engine, then release the key to ON, vehicle will not start.
  3. Observe the SECURITY telltale. After approximately 10 minutes , the telltale will turn OFF.
  4. Turn OFF the ignition, and wait 5 seconds .
  5. Repeat steps 1 through 4 two more times for a total of 3 cycles/30 minutes . The vehicle is now ready to relearn the Passlock(TM) Sensor Data Code and/or passwords on the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK.
  6. Start the engine. The vehicle has now learned the Passlock(TM) Sensor Data Code and/or password. IMPORTANT: The vehicle learns the Passlock(TM) Sensor Data Code and/or password on the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK. You must turn the ignition OFF before attempting to start the vehicle.
  7. With a scan tool, clear any DTCs if needed. History DTCs will self clear after 100 ignition cycles.

2003supersport 07-29-2009 03:43 PM

you might have to repeat the relearn if it doesnt start the first time. when i installed my zzp 1.0 it worked fine, but when i installed a new pcm when i added the supercharger, same thing happened. security relearn.

AwesomeSS 07-29-2009 03:51 PM

Ya I have the trunk and doors closed and the 1 window rolled down. I also waited 15 minutes and the security light was still flashing between the red battery light. Is the light supposed to go out completely, or slow down?

Toasty 07-29-2009 03:54 PM

as far as i am aware, the security light should go away, which would leave just the battery, or nothing.

dont mean to sound dumb, but you did try and start it first, right? (yeah i know you know how to read instructions, i just gotta ask :) )

2003supersport 07-29-2009 03:55 PM

you waited 15 minutes now. put the key in off position and wait a minute.try to start it. if it starts, its done. if it doesnt start, then you need to do the relearn again.