Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

Yikes!!trac off abs service traction system lights

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2013, 06:05 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by JC Colon`
I have a question, Once the bad sensor is replaced the Traction, ABS, Brake system should reset itself, or do you have to take is somewhere to have it reset? Curious Old mind wants to know!
So, self reset or Steelership?

Old 07-26-2013, 01:59 AM

great info guys, thanks!, but: here is the abs ground wire located?I too have K&n cold air intakealso how do you clean the speed sensor connections? with what as not to damage further? my car is getting worse, the abs pump seems to kick in and make a grinding noise and feel to the pedal or whil driving just goes Huuummmmm with out touching the brake pedal! UUGGHHH!! Claydoh

Old 07-26-2013, 11:17 PM

Im also having the pump making noise mainly when backing up an my abs an traction control lights are on. I have replaced both front hubs, geuss ill start checkin wiring.

Old 07-27-2013, 12:01 PM

The ground wire is located down by the PCM under the air filter, below are a couple pics that should help; As far as I know if this isn't grounded well, it can cause the red brake light to come on, ABS light to come on & the Service Traction Control light to come on.

Old 08-11-2013, 08:22 PM

Great post and pictures - thanks a bunch. I have a 2003 Monte Carlo SS (139,000 miles) and I had ABS light, Traction Control lights ON and OFF intermittently -started soon after replacement of an Air Filter. That is until recently I rotated my tires and now the lights are on all the time. Also noted a ratling noise coming from the Driver side front wheel - my suspicion is a bad wheel hub/bearing but before taking to the dealer - I am going to check the ground wire under the air box and also will pull all four tires again and clean the connections at each wheel. Really appreciate this forum and the information shared....thanks !!!!