Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

Why is my 01 monte ss jerking????

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2009, 08:46 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

i know for me my oils good but a change is needed soon, im going to fully synthetic, idk about injectors tho, are there injectors that better horsepower and performance?

Old 09-12-2009, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by ssnowhite
1 code that i seen was p0410 its says secondary air injection. im not sure what that is ... i think its emissions but in fl. we dont need emissions.

That sounds like its a vacuum leak. Check for leaks in the bank thats running lean, check the upper intake first, i have read about the plastic upper warping and creating vacuum leaks. If thats not it, go to the LIM.

Hope that help, Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

Old 09-14-2009, 10:51 AM

thanks gib i checkeed for vacuum leaks yesterday and i couldnt find anything. i checked the front and the back . is there any other vacuum hoses that is not visible???? could an egr valve be the issue??? is there anyway to check the coil packs????

Old 09-14-2009, 01:10 PM

how and where did you check for leaks? Also, have you pulled the fuel injectors ever, maybe one isnt seated all the way, possibly even the whole bank is seated incorrectly.
Heres a few ways to check, the best is the top one, but you need a smoker, or a large chunk of dry ice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfiQ7...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYa8rcHeN3A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5Gluq4rGwI

That last one is very shaky and may cause motion sickness, be careful.

I wouldnt rule out an EGR valve, but check other things first. It could be a bad gasket at the throttle body, warped upper intake manifold, MAP sensor could be loose creating space for air to get in. even possible that the manifold is cracked.

I dont think it would be a hose, with the only exception being the brake booster hose. All the others are too small to make that big a difference.

Old 09-14-2009, 09:12 PM

thanks gib im gonna check the intake manifold with brake cleaner this weekend, now could a bad coil pack do this? and my car doesnt have a map sensor it has a maf, do you think i should unplug it to see if thats it?? becuz i was reading the if you have a bad maf and you unplug it the car should run good because the computer will go into back up mode and would run fine and if it runs good then i have a bad maf.

here check this out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNpwk3qtZok

Old 09-15-2009, 11:20 AM

It seems like disconnecting the MAF would be a quick easy test. Give it a try, but dont rule out a vacuum leak if that fixes the problem. Still check for the vacuum leak because i would hate to see someone spend money they dont need to on something that didn't fix the problem. Im not sure what sensor that is that I circled in the image below, but check that and make sure thats not whats leaking. Thats what i thought was the MAP sensor.
It has to suck to be that guy...the manifold blew up on him on a cold day.

Once again, CHECK FOR VACUUM LEAK. Im very confident thats the problem.

Attached Thumbnails Why is my 01 monte ss jerking????-5e4768a0-98d8-102b-a28c-b04a630f2488.jpg  
Old 09-22-2009, 08:18 PM

sorry guys ive been sooo busy , but heres the scoop, i had the car checked for vacuum leaks and everything was good!!!! and the next day my car started to run even worse!!!! puttin like you wouldnt believe . thee check engine started to flash and the car didnt even have any gety up, i was soo pissed, if its not 1 thing its another. well i had the car checked out and it turned out to be a bad injector in cylinder 4. i had the problem fixed!! the car felt really smooth, but the daaamn car still had the jerking. coem to find out i had a bad maf sensor!!!!!!! it finally threw a code after the injector went bad. so today i replaced the maf sensor and everything is running excellent!! i so relieved..... so for you guys that might have a situation like this dont rule out the maf sensor.

Old 09-23-2009, 07:18 AM

An injector was my next guess. Im glad to hear you got it fixed, and thats its running well. I wish you many happy trouble free miles.