Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

well um tranny is umm

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2011, 09:48 AM
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default well um tranny is umm

well i just put my monte in the shop found a shop down here that works on nothing but performance and dd. i was told about it by a guy at work i basic asked alot of questions before handing over the key for her. right now the just pulled the trans after a test drive with me because of a sputter going from third to fourth. they showed me a flaw this morning when they pulled it out it must have came from the place where they put them together. they have the part in shop to fix it they said they get cars that have the same trans in so why not have the parts in shop they showed me what happend the diff was getting into a bind. they are replacing that as well as some of the silinoids. as well putting in a shift kit ans better jernals around 800.00 i asked why so low they told me not one of the gears looked and felt and checked out good by looking and by running a magnet around them the did say the bands as well as the clutches still looked like they were new. they were impressed that i kept it running good as well keeping up the up keep they agreed that the 3500 has a lot of potential for more hp as well as more things but it was limeted by how short the run of the set up was. they are looking into the six speed bolt up to see if they can put it on. but i am waiting to get it back tomorrow for to see how she runs. i wish there was a bolt on six for her but i am glad i caught the problem sooner then later caughsting more money to fix