Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

Water/Meth kit here!!

Old 03-10-2010, 12:32 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Water/Meth kit here!!

Ordered an AEM universal water/meth kit for for my turbo/intercooled 03 ss and cant wait to get it hooked up. I'm gonna get a mount fab'd up to mount it in the trunk as it's the only place it will fit. Attached a pic I'll put more up when i get it installed.

Attached Thumbnails Water/Meth kit here!!-004.jpg  
Old 03-10-2010, 12:35 PM

not to sound dumb or anything lol but what is a water/meth kit

Old 03-10-2010, 12:46 PM

It's a water and methonal injection kit it sprays a mist of the mix into the throttle body and drops your engine temps so your abel to run more boost.

Old 03-10-2010, 01:03 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member

water into your throttlebody? so you'll be introducing water into your motor? that just sounds like a good way to destroy a perfectly good motor...

Old 03-10-2010, 01:17 PM

So u Budsjlm never heard of a water methonal injection kit for turbo'd car's thats nuts to me man I'm sorry man I thought these kind of mods were well known in the automotive world.

Old 03-10-2010, 01:23 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

The water is shot while mixed with Methanol in a very very fine spray. The water isn't actually going into the engine, the second the water hits the high heat of the combustion chamber it evaporates and brings the heat out with it.

Then the Methanol acts as an octane booster and allows the car to be tuned more aggressively.

Old 03-10-2010, 01:26 PM

Chibi thanks for breaking that down so I wouldnt have too.

Old 03-10-2010, 01:36 PM

I'm gonna get a mount fab'd up to mount it in the trunk as it's the only place it will fit.
Really? I'm surprised you can't find anywhere to mount it up front. I figure you'd keep the pumping losses down and also keep more weight on the drive wheels too. Does the system have a pressure check valve up by the nozzle to wait to spray until line pressure hits a certain point? I know that is a popular upgrade with some kits, so your first bit of spray isn't a low pressure water stream.

water into your throttlebody? so you'll be introducing water into your motor? that just sounds like a good way to destroy a perfectly good motor...
Do some reading on google, they're pretty common. We're not talking like garden hose water flow here- obviously that would hydrolock the engine. These systems are designed to use a very small nozzle with pretty high pressure to heavily atomize the mixture- which evaporates due to all the heat- lowering the temperature of the air. Ideally, you shouldn't be left with any liquid water by the end- as the gains come from the evaporating of all the water.

It is basically just a chemical intercooler.

edit- beat me to it, thats what I get for opening multiple windows at once.

Old 03-10-2010, 01:39 PM

Man there is no room up front it I've been searching for a good 2 weeks it has to go in the trunk. Yeah theres a check valve the tank is only a 1 gallon. The kit is really complete they thought of everything it seems.

Old 03-10-2010, 02:11 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007

It's actually better suited for supercharging than turbos, according to my tuner in Canada. It makes your 91 octane into about 112 octane. People typically use the -35 deg windshield washer fluid as the mix, and some use the washer fluid bottle as their tank.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Water/Meth kit here!!