Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

V6 supercharger???

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep

does this fit the 3400's?

Old 08-23-2010, 02:10 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

no, 3400 engines get the Wizaired intake.

Old 08-23-2010, 02:57 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

no, 3400 engines get the Wizaired intake.
or chrome intakes =p

Old 08-23-2010, 03:04 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

He wants a CAI kit, not a HAI waste of cash.

Old 08-23-2010, 03:38 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

He wants a CAI kit, not a HAI waste of cash.
i was kidding!!! lol yeah, go with wizaired or make a FWI

Old 09-18-2010, 08:10 PM

So if it's the 3400 then I can't do nothing besides cold air ntake?
No, there are mods- they're just not as common as 3800 mods. Search for wot-tech and milzy motorsports for 60* V6 parts.

Well where can I find the v6 supercharged monte carlo engines or the ones that can b?
Junkyard- look at montes, bonnevilles, grand prixs, regals, etc.

Is it that the engines i'n boonevilles and grand ams can be swapped into mine?
Not grand am's- they have 3400's too (or 4 cyls depending on year/model).

But don't want to do major mount molding just want to find engine to do even swap. Only got 4500 to work with. If it was your car tell me what you'd do?
An L67/3800 swap isn't that big of a deal- look for the stick about it at the top of one of this engine sections- its about the easiest engine swap alternative you have (And the only easy one if you want a supercharged engine).

If you have $4500 to work with- have you thought about selling your car, adding that to your pot and buying a car that's already got an L67/supercharged 3800? A grand prix or something would be practically the same car as the monte- but would already have the engine you're looking for without all the hassle of a swap. I'd imagine you could pull the swap off for $2500 or less depending on how lucky you get on powertrain price (should be under $1k- heck, whole grand prixs are selling for $2500 in the used market- so don't pay too much for the powertrain).

Old 09-19-2010, 10:45 AM

thankx bro for all the info!! im going with the swap... i get the engine. the tranny. the supercharger, the brain, the wiring harnness all for 1425 plus shipping and 400 dollar labor.. so i am way below what i was planning on paying.. and i know ill be satisfied.. i was toying around with the 3400 while i could before loosing it and realized its supper fast.. so i should be expecting something fun with the upgrade! but thank you.. ill be back on here asking for mod questions on the new engine.. but first im just going to use the advance auto parts air intake in the mean time.. then get a realllll one! =] haha thanks.. im prolly going to get the REAL cold air intake like the one thats comes with the refigeratior box.

Old 09-19-2010, 03:48 PM

oh and i am never selling my monte carlo. one its paid for. 2 its well respected. 3 i have so much sentimental sex value in it. and 4 i cant find another car that actual compares to the monte.. its a strong sexy car.

Old 09-19-2010, 04:03 PM

okay we got a little situwation.... please help... im going with the L67 swap from my 3400.. is their ANYTHING else i need to do. like headers, downpipe, ubedn delete,thermostate? please please fill me in as soon as possible.. i want my motor to last a long time. and please dont use abrivations.. so i can search the products you mention. and what the heck does "knock knock" mean?

Old 09-19-2010, 04:32 PM

oh and i am never selling my monte carlo. one its paid for. 2 its well respected. 3 i have so much sentimental sex value in it. and 4 i cant find another car that actual compares to the monte.. its a strong sexy car.
I was just saying- for even the $4500 in mod money you had, you could buy a full running grand prix GTP- and not have to worry about the swap or any issues or anything- you'd have a factory reliable car. If you have more sentimental value and would rather have that engine in the monte- I understand, I did the same. But I'd suggest at least going to a few used car dealers and taking a couple GTP's for a spin just to see what you think.

Also- has the shop that's doing the labor ever done an L67 swap before? Not that its that hard, but I know people have issues from time to time.

okay we got a little situwation.... please help... im going with the L67 swap from my 3400.. is their ANYTHING else i need to do. like headers, downpipe, ubedn delete,thermostate?
There are no mods that you *need* to do- you can do a stock L67 swap just fine and not have to worry about any problems. Obviously mods would make it faster, but they're not needed.

i want my motor to last a long time.
Honestly, the 3800's are extremely reliable; chances are it'll go 200k miles (btw what is the mileage on the powertrain you're looking at?) with no major failures (ie spinning bearings, etc). What you need to consider is the trans- the 4t65's are far from bulletproof and the more you beat on them, the worse they are.

Want the setup to last as long as possible? Baby the car and don't beat the heck out of it. Then, just cross your fingers- because the other half of making a 4t65 last is luck. I've seen guys run stupid power through a stock trans beating on it at the strip every weekend without issue- and I've seen others blow the stock trans with stock power and only beating on it a little.

and what the heck does "knock knock" mean?
Its part of a joke- knock knock; who's there?

lol, knock is the reason you have to run premium fuel when you do the swap. Boosted engines are more prone to knock due to the higher temperatures from the supercharger- it hurts power (because the pcm pulls ignition timing when it 'hears' it); and also will destroy the pistons if it gets excessive (like if you put on a small supercharger pulley with no supporting mods).

With a stock engine swap, you won't really have to worry about it- just fill it with premium fuel, and forget about it. However, when you want to start getting into modding it- then you'll need to invest in a scan tool or find someone local who has one.