Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

Turbo Build Preperation

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2012, 01:29 PM

Monte Of The Month -- October 2012
3 Year Member

Anyone been in contact with cartuning.ca? I emailed Kevin a few days ago about their intercooled special and still haven't gotten a reply?

I wanted to purchase their kit but I'm a little nervous since I have no response in a week?

Old 04-28-2012, 04:31 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by MeanShwaMonte
Hey guys so have decided for the season deffinately goin to get the l26 uim done so that means I'm going I rather then buy the zip I'm gna do the l67 tb thanks maniac cool write up man that's for the match to a l36 uim tho right?

Can't seem to find a whole lot of good write ups for te l26 conversion or the tb conversion to the l26 seem to be finding a couple goods ones and then a bunch of others that seem a lot different methods of doing it do you have any advice or links turbo? I found a pretty good write up on a bonneville forum
i cant help you there, i am using my l36 tb with a l26 plenum and i used an adapter plate that zzp sells to mount the tb to the uim. you will need to use a l26 upper plenum gasket. the l36 lower intake can be used with the l26 plenum but i advise pulling off the lim and changing the lim gaskets. the lim gaskets are the ones that were plastic from factory, you wanna replace them with aluminum ones.

Old 04-28-2012, 04:34 PM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by 01 Monte SS
Anyone been in contact with cartuning.ca? I emailed Kevin a few days ago about their intercooled special and still haven't gotten a reply?

I wanted to purchase their kit but I'm a little nervous since I have no response in a week?
there very hard to get ahold of thats there biggest down fall. they wont rip you off you will get what you order and its a good quality kit but getting ahold of him is not easy. look them up on facebook and post a comment on there wall about sending him an email a week ago and you havnt got a responce yet and he will answer you back quick because he dont want a bad name on his facebook lol. trust me it works i got ahold of him 2 times already by writing on his wall...

what intercooled special are you talking about?

Old 04-28-2012, 05:35 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

HOLY CRAP CHAD!!!

I need an update thread from you! lol

Old 04-28-2012, 05:58 PM

Monte Of The Month -- October 2012
3 Year Member

Originally Posted by turbo monte
there very hard to get ahold of thats there biggest down fall. they wont rip you off you will get what you order and its a good quality kit but getting ahold of him is not easy. look them up on facebook and post a comment on there wall about sending him an email a week ago and you havnt got a responce yet and he will answer you back quick because he dont want a bad name on his facebook lol. trust me it works i got ahold of him 2 times already by writing on his wall...

what intercooled special are you talking about?
Awesome will do lol! Forgot about their facebook page.

This is the intercooled turbo special they have right now ---> Cartuning Performance

Old 04-28-2012, 06:08 PM

i have a queston is the wastegate with external dump loud ? if so is it to loud for the street?

Old 04-28-2012, 06:24 PM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by 01 Monte SS
Awesome will do lol! Forgot about their facebook page.

This is the intercooled turbo special they have right now ---> Cartuning Performance
Dang that's sweet, I didn't know they were on sale right now!

Originally Posted by jd1101
i have a queston is the wastegate with external dump loud ? if so is it to loud for the street?
Its not horribly loud but you do hear it for sure. I've never had any issues on the street with it being to loud thou....

Old 04-30-2012, 07:44 AM

Hey guys so have begun ordering parts for the uim swap build that will be coming very soon next mod, have a quick question tho about doing the cam I would really like to switch my camshaft now during this season and then have the other components come into the mix just wondering what exactly I will need I'm seeing a couple nice cam shafts from comp cams here but only things I absolutely need I figure new pushrods valvesprings the lifters I'd like to do rockers too but would like to save that for later, anything else? And one more I'd basically like to know if this is a good idea will my stock tranny hold up to doing this like up untill say a year from now when I throw in the new tranny?

Old 04-30-2012, 08:34 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

If you are camming you aren't doing rockers.

I believe the VS Cam from ZZP is good for boosted setups

Old 04-30-2012, 04:11 PM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by MeanShwaMonte
Hey guys so have begun ordering parts for the uim swap build that will be coming very soon next mod, have a quick question tho about doing the cam I would really like to switch my camshaft now during this season and then have the other components come into the mix just wondering what exactly I will need I'm seeing a couple nice cam shafts from comp cams here but only things I absolutely need I figure new pushrods valvesprings the lifters I'd like to do rockers too but would like to save that for later, anything else? And one more I'd basically like to know if this is a good idea will my stock tranny hold up to doing this like up untill say a year from now when I throw in the new tranny?
it depends on what camshaft you go with..... if you go with a turbo cam you need to be turboed or its completly pointless..... you may not need pushrods, the only cam that requires new pushrods for sure it the xpz cam. once you install your cam you want you will need to install the upgraded springs and install your lifters then put your pushrods in and bolt the rocker on, turn the engine by hand and check the valce lash.... you may need new ones but good chance you wont. our transmissions are weak period, any power takes life away from them and makes them a ticking time bomb. if you plan on modding have money available for a trans for when it takes a crap.... some people have good luck with them and make major power with no problems, others it craps out very quick. i got 10,000 miles on my trans after the turbo kit was installed running 10 pounds boost on stock engine.

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
If you are camming you aren't doing rockers.

you can do both depending on the cam and head work you do for the lift clearance.

I believe the VS Cam from ZZP is good for boosted setups
the vs cam is a very mild cam you can def run rockers with this i know people that have done it.

i suggest a stattama turbo cam from zzp your choice on stage but dont do it untill you turbo it.

Quick Reply: Turbo Build Preperation