Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

Tuned PCM (Overkillmotorsports)

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2011, 08:39 PM

what i would be worried about is will getting a dead battery dumb the flash or will the tune still be there after getting a new battery installed??? or will it go into limp mode to the old original tune after getting a battery???

Old 07-29-2011, 08:47 PM

not just that will it work for the flexfuel guy's????

Old 07-29-2011, 09:24 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

The PCM tune becomes the default tune of the car. The whole thing is flashed there is no default to fall back on when you disconnect the battery

Old 07-30-2011, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by monte07
not just that will it work for the flexfuel guy's????
I'm currently running on flex fuel, before you buy the pcm you have to enter your cine and all your mods, I made sure to include E85 so as long as will is as capable as many of you say he is I'm sure hell pay attention to the flex fuel cars.

Old 07-30-2011, 02:45 PM
Monte Of The Month -- February 2014
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by 06-montelt2
I'm currently running on flex fuel, before you buy the pcm you have to enter your cine and all your mods, I made sure to include E85 so as long as will is as capable as many of you say he is I'm sure hell pay attention to the flex fuel cars.
I know that Will also does tunes for Taxi companies and fleets which are the exact opposite of our tunes... They bring great gains in fuel economy and restrict power of-coarse... As for the E85, we don't have it here in Canada (unless it's available commercially), I'd ask him...

Old 08-01-2011, 07:59 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member

My car is E85, and Will's tune worked great. When you give him your VIN# he can tell its E85.

Will told me that he does not ven touch the E85 fuel tables when doing the tune, so therefore running E85 will not give you any of the gains that he programs it for. But to the best of my knowledge, it will still run on E85...check with Will to be sure.

Old 08-01-2011, 11:09 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
The PCM tune becomes the default tune of the car. The whole thing is flashed there is no default to fall back on when you disconnect the battery
I've read this a couple times over, but would like some clarification, please. If I understand correct the tune becomes the default, so there is no factory default to revert to. However, the PCM retains the tune if/when you disconnect the battery, right? I'm pretty sure that's what you meant, but the wording confused me a little. Losing your PCM if you ever need to replace the battery is a scary thought.

Old 08-01-2011, 11:35 AM
Monte Of The Month -- February 2014

Originally Posted by 03SSLE
I've read this a couple times over, but would like some clarification, please. If I understand correct the tune becomes the default, so there is no factory default to revert to. However, the PCM retains the tune if/when you disconnect the battery, right? I'm pretty sure that's what you meant, but the wording confused me a little. Losing your PCM if you ever need to replace the battery is a scary thought.
There is no factory default or restore... The tune is perminent until you re-tune it... My battery has gone completely dead and been changed, absolutely no effect on the PCM Tune... Hope that helps,

Old 08-01-2011, 11:37 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Yes this fully replaces the factory tune. So unless a dealership hooks your car up and reloads a factory tune, you will not lose your tune if your battery dies or anything like that.

Old 08-01-2011, 11:42 AM

I am still curious. Slamming into second from going 88 seems a little rought ( though fun ) and sounds like it would destroy the tranny or ruine the engine real quick with redlines at that speed....HMMMM i am still very interested in this though. What was the type of turner being used?

Quick Reply: Tuned PCM (Overkillmotorsports)