Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

Tuned PCM (Overkillmotorsports)

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2011, 07:51 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Yea the A/C thing is very cool.

One thing I forgot to mention that I probably should have is the Speed Limiter. Its advertised to remove the speed limiter, however, my experience is that it did not. My car is still speed limited to 107 MPH...you just get there that much faster now. LOL

Old 07-28-2011, 03:56 PM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2011
Monte Of The Month -- July 2014
RED DEVIL

not sure if i would like the A/C deal. I think i would rather turn my A/C off to get the extra power.

speed limiter wouldnt bother me. i have gone 110 in my car and have no need to go any faster or i might get in trouble

Old 07-28-2011, 04:17 PM
Monte Of The Month -- February 2014

I also got my tune from Will about 8 months and many smiles ago...... He set it up on his laptop as we drove around - way better than my first canned tune... I can't say enough about the shift points, it's a beast... My limiter was definatley removed...... As for the A/C, I rarely use mine, but when I do, it sure is nice that it automatically shuts off when I mash the pedal... I did go with the 3 degree advance, but I have always used Premium 91 or (94 when i can find it)... Highly recommend this tune, you will not be dissappointed!!!...

Old 07-28-2011, 04:37 PM
RED DEVIL

does he give the software out so i could do a drive in my car and get the logs or whatever he needs? i am curious how that works. or do i just get the same tune for the most part that all other LS4s would get?

Old 07-28-2011, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by xxtheshockerxx
does he give the software out so i could do a drive in my car and get the logs or whatever he needs? i am curious how that works. or do i just get the same tune for the most part that all other LS4s would get?
That's a good question... I did get a detailed document for my tune & I know it is not locked... I would simply email him, he is a very good guy... Best of luck...

Old 07-28-2011, 04:45 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Buy HPTuners that's probably how he's tuning cars.

You'll need a laptop, and HP Tuners, plug into your OBD2 plug and that's how you tune. If you wanted to download a "tune" and put it on your car, you would take an HPTuner file and download it, and flash it to your PCM.

Old 07-28-2011, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by Crusader SS
As for the A/C, I rarely use mine, but when I do, it sure is nice that it automatically shuts off when I mash the pedal
Now how much do you have to hit the gas before the A/C shuts off? I use my A/C quite a bit in the summer, and when I take off I usually take off a little quicker than others. I just don't want my A/C shutting off every time I take off at a light.

Old 07-28-2011, 05:02 PM
RED DEVIL

Originally Posted by Crusader SS
That's a good question... I did get a detailed document for my tune & I know it is not locked... I would simply email him, he is a very good guy... Best of luck...
i will email him tonight and get the down low

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
Buy HPTuners that's probably how he's tuning cars.

You'll need a laptop, and HP Tuners, plug into your OBD2 plug and that's how you tune. If you wanted to download a "tune" and put it on your car, you would take an HPTuner file and download it, and flash it to your PCM.
i will look into it

thanks

Old 07-28-2011, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by mogwog
Now how much do you have to hit the gas before the A/C shuts off? I use my A/C quite a bit in the summer, and when I take off I usually take off a little quicker than others. I just don't want my A/C shutting off every time I take off at a light.
I'm not the gentelest guy on the pedal by any means, however it will shut off at just past half way down... Keep in mind that the shift points for the tranny have been heavily modified and is nothing like stock, so maintaining or increasing speed is a much more subtle under-taking... Hope this helps...

Old 07-29-2011, 04:03 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member

Mine shuts off that A/C anything over 1/3rd throttle. But it just does it for the few seconds you're that far into the gas. Then goes back on...

If you DIDNT want that feature, you could simply ask Will not to program your with that feature in it.

I personally like it...

Quick Reply: Tuned PCM (Overkillmotorsports)