Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

Translation Please

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 12:40 PM
Default Translation Please

I was looking at this PCM from the W Body Store

http://www.wbodystore.com/grandprix/...pcm-p-198.html

I need some help translating the stuff at the bottom of the page. You can select options for DELETE CODES, IDLE SPEED, FAN SETTINGS What the heck does that stuff mean? I still have the stock thermostat but the otheroptionsare over my head.

The only mods I have on my 03 SS are theu bend delete and the K & N FIPK, but I want to see if I can get that PCM in the future with my light mods. Thanks

Old 12-11-2007, 06:00 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: Translation Please

The deletes are for sensor simulator chips, like O2 sims. Someone without an EGR valve would want this option, also.
The idle is to keep an engine with a radicle cam from "loping" to bad, or idling too rough. 100 rpm's will smooth out the idle.
The thermostat settings will adjust when the electric fans turn on and off.
Hope this helps.
I got my PCM from ZZPerformance.com. $10 less, I think.

Old 12-11-2007, 07:54 PM

Rear o2 Sensor DTC - this is if you remove the cat.
EGR DTC - this is if you remove the egr vavle or block it.
EVAP DTC - this is for a adjustable fuel regulator or any other mod you my do that affects the fuel system.
Random/ Multiple Misfire DTC - I'm not sure but I do belive it keeps the timing constant even if you have a misfire or detionation, Not that good for a daily driver
+100 RPM - adds 100 RPM at Idle, unless you plan on a Hi lift long duration cam dont do this.
Fan Settings - when you want your cooling fans to come on, I have 180° in all my vehicles it's hip to be cool
Timing - if you don't do anything to the engine internally keep it stock. you really don't want to pay the price of premium gas do you

Hope this helps, If you plan on doing alot of mods a little at a time and plan on keeping the car a while get a tuner and you can program your own PCM I have a HP tuner but there are a few others out there in the $400 range. Good luck and have some fun.

Old 12-11-2007, 09:44 PM

Ok that gave me a better idea of what's going on. I plan on having this car for a good while, so I think I may look into a tuner of some sort. I told myself I wouldn't modify my car too much, and I still want to stick with that for the most part. But then again, I have a long lease term and I may not want to sell it afterwards. No car notes are cool. Thanks again.