Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

Tranny Problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2011, 06:38 PM
Unhappy Tranny Problem

Guys i hope you can help, i have a 02 ss and the tranny has a hard shift that
occurs every one in a while. i was told that it could be a pressure control solenoid in which i just changed,guess what ! 15 mi later it did it again. I would like some feedback on the matter and would like to know if anybody has had the same happen and what was the outcome. Also i heard b&m makes a kit that allows faster shifts and can be done with simple tools

Old 08-23-2011, 12:06 PM

well im having multiple problems with my transmission right now and heres one thing that everyone tells me, these transmissions are CRAP. im about to order a completely upgraded transmission from Triple Edge Performance - Home Page i think this site also explains all the things wrong with the transmission from the start. scroll down the page and read the section named 4T65E High Performance Street/Strip model and it tells you there... wow huge letters! :P

Old 08-23-2011, 01:32 PM

It sounds a like pressure related problem but it could be caused by a stuck valve/bad spring inside the valve body. Transgo sells a kit for these transmissions that increases the line pressures reducing clutch plate wear. The only problem is that the valve body needs to come out of the trans. I'd suggest taking the valve body to a mechanic and let him do the labor for you. That way you save the cost of taking the trans out and in.