Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

Swap OR NOT TO BE Swapped !?!?!

Old 04-03-2008, 01:04 AM
Default Swap OR NOT TO BE Swapped !?!?!

Ok my aunt just got smashed in the side in the 2007 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP! Shes fine, but the car is done, anyway is it possibe I could take the V8 and Tranny out of her's and put it in my 2000 MOnte SS?

(If so, what all will I need?)

Old 04-03-2008, 08:43 AM
Default RE: Swap OR NOT TO BE Swapped !?!?!

[align=center][/align][align=center]Hi `J.B.,[/align][align=center]I'm sure it could be done, but there would have to be a lot[/align][align=center]of modifcations.[/align][align=center]If the new engine cradle in the GXPis in good shape,[/align][align=center]along with all the components,[/align][align=center]and you have the tools/shop/knowledge,[/align][align=center]I'm sure you could do it, but @ what $ cost $, I am not sure ?[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]There would have to be a lot of modifcations, plus[/align][align=center]suspension upgrades, sway bars, shocks, struts, etc.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Are you considering doing it yourself, or[/align][align=center]do you have a person that has the knowledge.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]You could check your local High Performance Custom[/align][align=center]Shops and see `if they think it is feasible or[/align][align=center]cost prohibitive & see `if they would give you an[/align][align=center]estimate on this implant change.[/align][align=center]Sounds like a major project.[/align][align=center]Let us know what you decide.[/align][align=center]Good Luck,[/align][align=center]`Space[/align][align=center].[/align]

Old 04-03-2008, 10:44 AM

ORIGINAL: SpaceRider

[align=center][/align][align=center]Hi `J.B.,[/align][align=center]I'm sure it could be done, but there would have to be a lot[/align][align=center]of modifcations.[/align][align=center]If the new engine cradle in the GXPis in good shape,[/align][align=center]along with all the components,[/align][align=center]and you have the tools/shop/knowledge,[/align][align=center]I'm sure you could do it, but @ what $ cost $, I am not sure ?[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]There would have to be a lot of modifcations, plus[/align][align=center]suspension upgrades, sway bars, shocks, struts, etc.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Are you considering doing it yourself, or[/align][align=center]do you have a person that has the knowledge.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]You could check your local High Performance Custom[/align][align=center]Shops and see `if they think it is feasible or[/align][align=center]cost prohibitive & see `if they would give you an[/align][align=center]estimate on this implant change.[/align][align=center]Sounds like a major project.[/align][align=center]Let us know what you decide.[/align][align=center]Good Luck,[/align][align=center]`Space[/align][align=center].[/align]
Thanks Space, I kinda figured that. And no I dont have the personal knowledge, or the know those who posses that knowledge, that why I ask you guys. You know man Im on this more HP mission and just thougth since everthing else is so compatible with these pontiacs that might have been an easy conversion. Oh well, I also know this guy who has a wrecked 07 Pontiac GT, Ima just go ahead and grab the tranny and superC. engine out of that.

Old 04-03-2008, 11:09 AM

[align=center]J.B.,[/align][align=center]Don't give `up. Several of our member's only get a chance[/align][align=center]to check into the MCF every week or so.[/align][align=center]We have several member's that are experts, and I'm sure they[/align][align=center]will give you additional information on your question.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I do know that the FWD 06-07 Chevy/Pontiac[/align][align=center]engineered several changes/reinforcements in those years to put[/align][align=center]a V-8 into the model. [/align][align=center]Yours is a 2000 SS, and there are several major[/align][align=center]changes in the 06-07 models.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I personally think it would be an expensive conversion.[/align][align=center]Give your Topic Post some time, and see what[/align][align=center]some of our expert tech members post.[/align][align=center]Good Luck,[/align][align=center]`Space[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Patience is a `Virtue
[IMG]local://upfiles/714/DECDF5A672A04A19B4C2C797D68E580E.gif[/IMG] [/align][align=center]But, I want `it Now [/align]

Old 04-03-2008, 11:54 AM

ORIGINAL: sinceire

Ok my aunt just got smashed in the side in the 2007 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP! Shes fine, but the car is done, anyway is it possibe I could take the V8 and Tranny out of her's and put it in my 2000 MOnte SS?

(If so, what all will I need?)
I'm very excited to hear that she wasn't injured. BUT HOLY CRAP! She must have done a number on that car for the ins. company to total it. I believe that the tranny is the same as that found on the S/C 3800 motors. So theoretically, it can be done. But I would wait until some of our more knowledgable members find your post. )

Old 04-03-2008, 06:40 PM

call or write to ZZP and ask them they race both the montes and the grand ams. Im sure one or all of them will knwo more on this then anyone and they will know what you will need to do it.
I can almost put money on it that you will need to get the computer and mostlikly the BCM unless yours can be interfaced etc...
But i would start asking on teh pontiac fourms also im sure someone there might beabel to help also.

but ya have to ad mit it would be a hell a suprise for someoen that didnt know any better if ya make it nice and quiet. LOL

Old 04-04-2008, 09:35 AM

If you want alot more responses on extremely technical stuff like that, sign up on ClubGP.com, and post the same question....

Old 04-04-2008, 04:27 PM

again, speculation.... but it should be possible.... but for the cost it would be cheeper to take the insurance money... let them total out the car... and mod your car... taking your NA 3800 and doing a top swap... IE putting the Supercharged heads and blower on it will make a good amount of power. then factor in some exhaust work, and tuning and you wont have the HP or TQ of the v8 but cause of the weight diff you should be pretty close to the perf #'s

also keep in mind there are more mods for the 3800 series motors and more people who have done mods'... so you can follow what others have done and have a very quick and relyable car... not something that normally goes together. the ls4 in that car is rather new and has less of an aftermarket and less history of people moding it.