Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

super charger

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2013, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by z34phoenix
exactly. the bottom ends on these engines are basically bullet proof. the trans is where the problems are. I would also pass on the ZZP trans. look up triple edge performance. they build amazing trans.

personally i would get my hands on a low miles L36 and put a Gen 5 blower on from a L32. But supporting mods and tuning are very critical when building a high compression engine with boost. so this route is not for everyone.
I dont know too much about the L32 what mods would i need?

Old 11-15-2013, 11:15 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by JesseSS
Very valid point i think i am going to buy a good running l67 motor from my local scrapyard (they sell low mileages for 550$, i know its hard to believe) and sit the motor down in my shop and do a full build on it with a ported blower and order a zzp race transmission. Probably the safest way without spending 7000$ on a new motor
This is sort of how this theard started;;i was asking about if i was to buy the engine out of a supercharged buick car then how much would be involved in putting the supercharger only off it onto my 84 ss none supercharged 3.8L;;;;found out that the car i was thinking of buying with the supercharged engine has less miles on engine then mine so now thinking same as JESSESS;;why not just swap complete engine out;;;if to do this THEN what other things would i need to do as to doing complete eng swap from non supercharged to a supercharged eng..????

Old 11-15-2013, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by hotrodharley

This is sort of how this theard started;;i was asking about if i was to buy the engine out of a supercharged buick car then how much would be involved in putting the supercharger only off it onto my 84 ss none supercharged 3.8L;;;;found out that the car i was thinking of buying with the supercharged engine has less miles on engine then mine so now thinking same as JESSESS;;why not just swap complete engine out;;;if to do this THEN what other things would i need to do as to doing complete eng swap from non supercharged to a supercharged eng..????
A tune and thats about it.

Old 11-15-2013, 12:23 PM

if going from a L36 (04SS) to the L67 the following will need changed:
-BBV solenoid wire added into the L36 harness and L67 Map sensor connector - or swap to the L67 harness if out of an 05 SS that has the L67

if you retain the current trans then the new pcm will need to be adjusted for the L67 with 3.29 gears or if you swap in a 4t65e-HD from a L67 then you will need the trans and axles as those are both diff.

no matter what way you go you will need to swap or have a tuned pcm made as the new pcm will need your Vin entered so that it communicates with the Bcm.