Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

stranded

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2007, 07:41 PM
Default stranded

Well the old girl left the wife stranded today for the first timein her 6 years and 103,000 miles. The low coolant light came on and the temp headed towards too hot. Fortunately I have a good wife and she shut her down before the needle hit red.Got to the car and sure enoughno water and wet aroundthe intake. Got her brought home on a flatbed and started disassembly.Theupper and lower intake gaskets were fine, but are now new (A+ GMfornicefittinggaskets).InGM'sinfinite wisdom (F-)they saw fit touse a plastic water passage elbow with an oring on each end from the intake tothe belt tensioner. Yes it's a belt tensioner/water passage combo thing. Anyways the elbow was broke at the oring groove on both ends. So $69 in parts later (thanks to a brother who works at the dealer) we are back up and running.

Old 07-23-2007, 07:38 PM
Default RE: stranded

Yeah, GM did a real good job with that tensioner. lol I was going to replace the tensioner a while back till I found out how much it was.

Still can't believe they ran a coolant jacket through there..