Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/engine-transmission-performance-adders-12/)
-   -   Starting to Mod my monte. (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/engine-transmission-performance-adders-12/starting-mod-my-monte-14351/)

03Monte 06-28-2009 07:24 PM

2 Attachment(s)
After disassembling my blower, i found some grooves inside the housing, also the Teflon coating is chipping off the rotor blades...
attached, are some images of the housing.

can this be smoothed out or is this a deal breaker?

i will call morad if i need to, this has a 90 day warranty..

bumpin96monte 06-29-2009 07:42 AM

After disassembling my blower, i found some grooves inside the housing, also the Teflon coating is chipping off the rotor blades...
attached, are some images of the housing.

can this be smoothed out or is this a deal breaker?
Both are pretty common, especially with higher mileage blowers. The grooves can't be smoothed out at all- if you were to have them honed to remove the grooving- you'd make an even bigger gap between the rotors and the walls- meaning less boost and less efficiency.

How bad is the coating coming off the rotors?

03Monte 06-29-2009 09:36 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a pic of the rotor blades, you can seee the rather large area where the coating has chipped off.

UPDATE: Bill at morad sent me a new Rotor pack for the blower, it looks much much better then the last...(no charge, that's good customer service)

sprfrk2005 07-07-2009 03:11 PM

03 monte were did u get the harness upgrade for the car..... nice car by the way looks exactly like mine before i added my rims... im also getting my car supercharged in two weeks it would be much helpif u can tell me where u got the parts for the top swap is morad the guy that sell on ebay as well?

03Monte 07-07-2009 08:25 PM

yes morad does sell on ebay, i have had a great experience with them.

they are a little more pricey then if you bought them on glubgp, but they give a 90 day parts warranty, most of the time your going to know if its bad by that time...

if you do go to morad, speak to erik

sprfrk2005 07-09-2009 01:27 PM

Hey 03Monte (Ryan) correct........just need to get some information from you since you got the parts from morad already, when they sent you the parts what was included? What would i need to buy extra for the kit they sell you got any clue?

03Monte 07-09-2009 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by sprfrk2005 (Post 142860)
Hey 03Monte (Ryan) correct........just need to get some information from you since you got the parts from morad already, when they sent you the parts what was included? What would i need to buy extra for the kit they sell you got any clue?

My name is shane, not ryan.

this is the list of items morad will sell you in the "top swap kit":
heads
valve covers
lower intake manifold
injectors
fuel rail
supercharger
TB (no maf)
vac lines
idler pullies
brackets
balancer

they sell this for $650 + shipping.

You will also need the wiring harness upgrade and injector clips to splice into your harness. they can get you these for $55 with the kit.
you can also get the OEM GM gaskets and torque to yield bolts for an additional $235 with the kit.

all said and done $940 before shipping. as soon as you get the parts start tearing the supercharger apart to check the rotor pack for chipping Teflon, you can also do what im doing and port and polish the heads, intake, and supercharger.

this should be everything you need to do the swap, just make sure they give you a stock 3.8 pulley

i also bought a new cam, bearings, heavier valve springs (105) and retainers, colder spark plugs (103), and 180 tstat. i am also buying some stainless valves ($77 for intake and $77 for exhaust) all i need are the headers and exhaust and this thing will be a beast!

let me know if i can be of anymore assistance, also dont forget you will need either a new PCM or your current one flashed to be a L67 with a 4T65E (or the -HD version if you have it) the best would be a nice dyno tune at intense racing (this is what im doing)

sprfrk2005 07-09-2009 03:28 PM

Well SHANE hehe sorry for the name mix up, you have been alot of help luck you to have intense so close by that you can drive and go get a custom tune.... i am have trouble finding someone that will tune a 3.8l engine around here only thing tuned around here is GM trucks and vetts and trans ams and so forth... but im talking to a guys that i willing to do it for me at a cost of 300 bucks with 3 dyno pulls included hopfully everything goest well and i can do this for less than 1500 (prays to god) hehe but gonna get a move on, on ordering my parts also getting p-logs, 1.9 ratio rockers, down pipe, 3 pod pillar for my boost guage, battery guage and thinking of adding the temp. guage as well.... hopfully this will give me a significant gain in power kinda bored of the N/A 3800 Engine hehe bout ready to move on to bigger and better things hehe but also keeping it at a good MPG rate hehe

03Monte 07-09-2009 04:03 PM

if you do the 1.9 rockers, don't upgrade your cam you will end up with to much lift... (thanks bumpin96monte for that information)

sprfrk2005 07-11-2009 07:36 PM

ok might as well post his question on here..... ok im going to to purchase the l67 top swap kit from morad and there TB does come with a MAF so i saw bumping talking about just gotting a LS2 MAF would this work or would i have to buy the original MAF sensor for a l67 engine? what other sensors would i need to get for this top swap kit? all suggestions and/or comments appreciated