Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

SS hood?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 11:13 PM
Default RE: SS hood?

ok i ahve to hoodscoop but have disabled it due to rain...does that intake have sumtin to prevent the water from entering?

Old 08-28-2008, 02:55 PM

Thanks for posting the pics Mav.This is a really nice set-up. I was thinking about a K&N CAI, but after seeing this, it looks like the route I will persue. Whoevers yellow Monte that is, she is a fine looking machine.

Old 08-28-2008, 05:30 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2009

I thought you would like that alot. No problem just trying to help.

Just remember call them up over the phone and try to reach a nice deal on the whole set up, they are really nice at mpd inc and they have great instructions and quality pieces. Even try saying Patrick from the monte carlo forum who ordered a cold air intake for his 2006 monte carlo 3.9 liter refered you.

Keep us updated if you put a order in and once this project is completed post pics.

enjoy

Old 08-29-2008, 11:32 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- May 2009
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

So i debated back and forth, and i decided to go with the pfyc.com hood. I know its a little risky, but im ok with that. i hope everything comes out good. the bodyshop guy put the order in for me the other day, so its in progress. since my Headlights got messed up, i asked him if i could get different housing units for my HID's i had to re-order, because they got messed up too haha. i decided that i really REALLY liked the look of these: http://www.slickcar.com/productdetai...ProductID=6233 so he bought them, got them for 244 after a 15 buck discount online. insurance is paying for one of them so its actually only costing me about 125 for these housings. its gonna look great on my black on black SS. after the hood and the headlight housing, its on to 18" BIGG Bill Black w/ polished lip wheels. I was thinking of going 20", but i want ride quality and i want it to be more race enthused, instead of showroom look. plus, i plan on getting an eibach lowering kit with my wheels when i get them, so that would take the huge gap in the fenders away.

one more thing, i know that SLP used to make a ram air cold air kit for the monte carlo with the SS style ram air kit, i've been wanting this hood for a while and i did research on it like 6 months ago. I called, and i guess they stopped making it. my alternative is getting the 99-04 pontiac ram air intake kit that slp makes, or finding some guy that is wanting to sell this old slp ram air intake for the monte carlo to me. anyone know of a website that might still have it, i've looked but cant find one. they used to sell it on pfyc.com but no longer.
would the pontiac ram air kit match up with the holes on the hood? anyone have any idea?

after the hood gets done, i will definately post pics. cant wait to show this off!

Old 08-30-2008, 01:04 AM

http://www.3800performance.com/Merch...oduct_Count=12

This says that it is for 99 thru present grand prix so it might work on your car

Old 08-30-2008, 09:56 AM

ok maybe the right person hasnt come along yet to answer but im thinking it has just gone unnoticed...does the intake sumhow prevent water from getting into the engine or can u just not drive it in the rain

Old 08-31-2008, 01:16 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- May 2009
15 Year Member

Thanks 2000 black ss, thats actually the same one i ordered cause i think the same thing, i just dont know where the grand prix ram air hole is on that hood, and if the hole will line up with the hole on my hood. We'll soon see. I could've sworn SLP made an airbox for the SS hood.

Also, kweef has a good point. I did some searching but couldnt really find an answer about water in the intake. any thoughts?

Old 09-05-2008, 10:51 PM

Sorry to hear about your accident bro. I think you're hood is going to look awesome, post up some pics when you've got it finished.

Old 09-18-2008, 06:31 PM

my 3.8SC gets 30 plus on the highway

Old 09-18-2008, 10:39 PM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member

Id just put a flipper switch in for water, or buy a pulg thing haha.

Quick Reply: SS hood?