Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

6th Gen ('00-'05): Radiator Size and Fitment

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2012, 03:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Radiator Size and Fitment

Hello everyone,

I hope that someone wil be able to answer the question for me. I have already contacted ZZP and Turbo Tim said "No I am sorry I do not have all of the specifications of that radiator."
Where I need help from you is, does the Oversized Aluminum Radiator Item #: ZZ-OVRSZDRAD-99 will fit 01(00-05 assumed) Monte 3400?

I would think that it would due to the placement but I just don't know.

Thank you in advance.

Your help will help more than just me.

Old 06-01-2012, 04:33 PM

Hey man hope this helps when I went to upgrade my rad my 03 L36 I understood the fitment issues with our cars, that specific rad will not work for your car the fitment is there you can place a oversized rad in the only problem is it will not hook up to the stock size fans so you will need new fans and zzp does not have that as an option for their rad,

I purchased the Milzyz motorsports radiator go to their site under 3400 engine performance/cooling, it is a great oversized product and they have the option of high quality fans prefit that will allow it to fit perfectly into your car, I have the optional tranny cooler in mine and it is exactly what I wanted with my rad upgrade

Old 06-01-2012, 06:55 PM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by MeanShwaMonte
Hey man hope this helps when I went to upgrade my rad my 03 L36 I understood the fitment issues with our cars, that specific rad will not work for your car the fitment is there you can place a oversized rad in the only problem is it will not hook up to the stock size fans so you will need new fans and zzp does not have that as an option for their rad,

I purchased the Milzyz motorsports radiator go to their site under 3400 engine performance/cooling, it is a great oversized product and they have the option of high quality fans prefit that will allow it to fit perfectly into your car, I have the optional tranny cooler in mine and it is exactly what I wanted with my rad upgrade

So reading correctly ZZP would need to sell fans for the 3400 or 3400 & 3800?I would like to be able to give them feedback on this.

Thank you.

Old 06-04-2012, 08:58 PM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by MeanShwaMonte

Ya radiator isn't bad its the new fans that are required that get ya. I guess you got to do to make it better and safer right.

Old 07-11-2018, 07:49 PM

Welp..... time to return my oversized radiator then