Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

Quickest way to 12.1 Seconds

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2007, 06:31 AM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: Quickest way to 12.1 Seconds

haha... run from MA to FL to get his car tuned... lol

Old 12-19-2007, 08:44 PM

Hell it might be worth it. lol

I just have no desire to learn how to tune. Might sound ignorant, but honestly, why not pay a professional to do his job, and do it right...

Old 12-20-2007, 01:59 PM

That is alot of work some are throwing up. I'd say your best bet would be turbo conversion with intercooler, tons of weight reduction, heads, and slicks.

Old 12-20-2007, 04:39 PM

See, here is what you don't understand though Dan.. Most guys, like myself, want to mod, slowly. And you should know that as well! So dropping 5 grand, all at once, for just a GOOD turbo kit intercooled, and then ANOTHER 2-3 grand for heads and supporting mods, is almost rediculous. I see your point, and if he had the money, he probably would, but if he is like most normal american's, he can't just DROP 8-10 grand immediately... it has to be over time..

And if you COULD drop 8-10 grand immediately, lol, get a new car, one that starts with a corv and ends in an ette.

=)

JMO

Old 12-20-2007, 05:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Your right Keegan I want to stage the times, but I think Dan answered the original question, for the title was "quickest way to 12.1 seconds". I should have posted the subject a little different like "Getting the Monte to 12.1 seconds". I also have to keep in consideration that I recieve a monthly allowance for this car and I have to take customers to lunch. I don't know how well that would work with bare floors and a roll bar.

BTW how is Latrobe after the Rolling Rock Brewery left. I drank RR for years until Bud bought them out. I couldn't see drinking brew made from the East River in Jersey[:'(].

Old 12-20-2007, 05:13 PM

Sam Adams is now being made in the same brewery that Rolling Rock was made in.. I live 4 blocks from the brewery.. Used to smell the hops every night... and sunday night they would dump the bad brew into the sewage system, so you could smell the beer for miles. =)

And I agree, I want to keep my car interior exactly as it is, stock. Nice leather seats, and able to accommodate dates, friends, etc. So I know how you feel.. =)

Old 12-20-2007, 06:21 PM
10 Year Member

Well at least the workers kept their jobs and in America today that is important!

I was curious did you have someone install your headers, high flow cat etc? How much did it set you back if someone else did do this? Thats what I am intending on doing is collecting all of the exhaust components and installing them all at the same time. I just want one trip to the exhaust shop! Oh and by the way, being how you probably researched all of this, where did you get all of the stuff at?

Thanks

[IMG]local://upfiles/3159/8C843F2C43594C748F1C6B72C26489F7.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-20-2007, 07:16 PM

Anybody running catless?

Old 12-20-2007, 08:11 PM
10 Year Member

I thought about doing this. My county does not do the emmissions testing in Georgia and I know just the shop that will do it for me. My 81 Silverado had a cat and the muffler man said just cut it off before you get here and I will install whatever you want.

[IMG]local://upfiles/3159/6C7EDAF0398B409E987BCA823ABC4FDC.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-20-2007, 09:34 PM

I bought my TOG headers from 3800 Performance. Highflow cat from Hogan performance, but ZZP also carries one that is designed to bolt up to the TOG collector, and make it a seamless install. Make sure you get the INTERLOCK FLEX. Which is a flexible interwoven stainless steel mesh designed to absorb vibration and prevent wear and cracks on your exhaust system.

I installed my TOG's by myself, but cost to install? A good exhaust shop will probably charge you 200-300 dollars... unless you have a good mechanic friend... I called my local mechanic that I am friends with before hand to see how much it would set me back. He said 75 bucks, but that's mainly because he was just doing me a favor...

3800performance.com for the headers... DO NOT GET THE EXTRA SHINEY COATING. I got ripped off. I thought it would be alot more shiney, and it isn't. HOWEVER, I think they may only be selling them with the new coating... cost? 925 bucks shipped..

ZZPerformance.com for the Downpipe/Cat Combo. That will cost you around 200 or so...

Listen, as far as going catless... if you want to stay street legal... seriously, keep it. removing the cat might help in the short haul, but cause problems down the line with O2 sensors, etc. And honestly, if you are serious about modding, removing the cat won't help much anyways.

-Keegan

Quick Reply: Quickest way to 12.1 Seconds