Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

Quickest way to 12.1 Seconds

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 08:53 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: Quickest way to 12.1 Seconds

thats quite the grocery getter Ian.

Old 12-17-2007, 09:30 PM

ORIGINAL: ExplosiveSoundz

Odessa, looks like you have the supercharged version, which is alot better than being N/A and trying to hit 12's. 12's are easy.

Full Exhaust to include headers, Ubend delete, and catback.

Generation V Blower with Modular Pulley System.

New Throttle Body (northstar)

CamShaft (XP is the best for stock heads)

Intercooler (Stage III will allow you to run a 3.2-3.0 on a Gen V)

A good Dyno Tune

Bingo, 12's, if not 11's, depending on your weight reduction and how well someone tunes you.

Cost? That's a different story. If you are already S/C, maybe another 6-7 grand will get you where you want to be... =)
What kind of pressure can you get with the Gen V blower and pulley system?

Old 12-17-2007, 09:50 PM

anyone here have a supercharged 3.8 in the 11's? or even know of one? dont recall hearing of any myself, but i know i've seen turbo 3.8s in the 11's.

easiest way under 12 seconds... you can find used sportbikes capible of that and better for $2000 and less

Old 12-18-2007, 09:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

So to get to 13.9 I will need:

K&N CAI
Headers
Power Tuner
High Flow Cat
Ubend Delete
North Star Throttle Body
A Pully for the S/Charger
A set of Wires
A T-Stat
Some Autolights
And Motor Mounts

I guess that is my first real goal to get to where I can wax the Mustang GT's of the world!

Thanks Phoenix and Explosive Sounds for the informative post. I never thought I would have to throw the seats and carpet out to make this happen, but I believe you. That was the ultimate goal is to go as fast as I could without having to gut the car or modify it too much.

I've seen the Power Tuners for $400 greenbacks for a good one and I guess this would be a great start. After learning how to use it I might be able to make some cash on the side to increase HP or Gas mileage for others.

Old 12-18-2007, 10:03 AM

any GPs in the 11's! they are way lower then that! go to clupgp.com and you will see. ZZP has one 9.01@150mph

but like i posted before... you need to do your own research and figure out what you really want... if you think you will hit 12's and later want to go faster then a turbo will be a very good choice. but there are many factors that would influence your desisions.... relyablity will be a factor.... if you need it as a daily driver or a track car they both will be built diff...

you dont have to loose all that stuff to hit 12's but it helps... again like i said it is what i would do. cause i already have my Z.

Old 12-18-2007, 04:59 PM

Oh, another thing, wires, keep your stock ones, and save the 100 odd dollars. I have had a few problems with mine, and even though they are fixed for now, god only knows what awaits me with them...

And another thing, if I were to do things over again, I would have gone with the Northstar/GenV setup Wizaired to begin with from ZZP. I have had nothing but problems with my K&N as far as sucking in all of the hot engine air from the bay....

And I am cheap, and don't want to buy a Tuning program until after I get my cam, etc in, and until some of the used HP Tuners go out on Ebay =)

I didn't see where you live, but if you live anywhere northeastish, as in PA, VA, OH, MI, WV, NY, then a trip to ZZP might be in order for some good ol fun and a great DYNO tune =)

Old 12-18-2007, 06:03 PM

What kind of pressure can you get with the Gen V blower and pulley system?
Unfortunately it isn't like a turbo. See, with Turbo, more PSI equals more power, because heat doesn't increase exponentially with a turbo. With a blower, you look at how COLD the charge is, not necessarily how much boost... HOWEVER, with a Gen V, with an intercooler(intercooler knocks 2 psi off, if not a little more) and perhaps a 3.25 pulley, you would probably look to see somewhere between 9-11 psi.. and that is with a GREAT cold charge

Old 12-18-2007, 08:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Unfortunantly I don't live anywhere close to ZZP, but fortunantly I live in Georgia where the weather is nicer. As far as the GP's they seem to have it together on the track. I go to our track several times a year and don't see many front wheel drives making a serious effort. Maybe one day someone from this forum will build a car to compete with these 11 second / 9.01 GP's.

The way I look at it the Monte 6th generation is a very attractive car and eventually someone will build one to compete at these GP levels. One of the races I usally attend each year is the National Muscle Car Association. Now those boys put on a show. The 8 second 6 bangers from the Grand Nationals and Turbo Mustangs really makes one think about building the V-6.

I have only had the ride for a few months so it is stock. I get a monthly vehicle allowance + mileage so I really enjoy this one. The last one was a Jeep. Our company doesn't have a problem with what we drive as long as we carry the high dollar insurance. I plan on having this for a while and will start with the 13.9 quarter, so I can have fun and still get good mileage.

Thanks for all of the informative posts!

I'll keep you posted on the progress.

[IMG]local://upfiles/3159/C77DC11324A54828B07A7A7B4326FC81.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-18-2007, 11:38 PM

as for PSI on each pulley:
I ported a blower for my friend and on his 3.4" he is getting 12.5 psi at 6,000 rpm
with a 3.25 he is in the 13's for pressure.

you are right... the stock wires and ignition coils are more then enough for any setup with these cars.

As for finding a tuner on ebay... its not likely man. most of the people who buy them are big in the forums and if they werent having the tuner will make them big in the forums... and when the time comes to sell they will sell thru the forums. so keep your eyes open. with DHP about to discontinue the Powertuner, now is a good time to buy one or to watch for used tuners to be for sale on the forums. I also wouldnt wait to get the tuner. tune now so you can learn... cause once you get the cam tuning will be much harder and less predictable. your best to understand how to tune before you get the cam.

AS for tuning... if you ever run down to daytona beach i would be more then glad to help you with tuning.

Old 12-19-2007, 12:25 AM

AM/FM/Tape/CD -- 17.625
Floor Mats -- 17.626
Big BowTie Graphic -- 17.626
New Air Filter -- 16.458

The Old Lady ain't all that keen on the Big, White, Chevy BowTie Vinyl Graphic I bought for the rear window. She's worried about all the wrenching I've been doing and want's me to just bring the car to Jiffy Lube and leave things alone.

I told her I would.

I lied.

Quick Reply: Quickest way to 12.1 Seconds