Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

Problems with 04 Monte Carlo!!! HELP

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2006, 08:07 PM
Default Problems with 04 Monte Carlo!!! HELP

Hi all! Im new to this site and im in need of some desparate help! Recently i started having some problems with my monte shifting very hard while i was driving. When i checked the car out at the time, the radiator fluid was low. So i Flushed it throughly and refilled it with the DEX-COOL fluid that the vehicle came with when i bought it a year ago. All was fine. Though i thought! A few weeks later the vehicle started to act up again, doing the same thing as b4. So i checked everything again. This time the fluids where at there normal levels. Once i finished checking everything, i started the car back up and drove it around. Too my surprise, the problem seemed to go away. I started monitoring the temperature guage in the car while i was driving around, and noticed that it was getting slightly high. Not high enough to cause an alarm, but noticed it was staying slightly higher than i had noticed b4. Keep in mind that when i flushed the system b4, i changed the thermostat as well. Then the strangest thing started happening. It recently started getting a little cold here, and im have to turn the heater on to warmup. I noticed that the drivers side climate doesnt blow hot air. Only cold air no matter what. The passenger side blows as it should and adjusts to the proper climate that i choose. After riding around for awhile with heater on, i notice the vehicle starts shifting hard again. I then turn off the AC completely. It still shifts hard. I then stop the vehicle turn the car off. Since the there is a doom light delay upon exiting the vehicle, i then open the door and close it to rest everything, and wait for the headlights to go out. Once the headlights go out i start the car back up and start driving. The car is back too shifting normal now. Since i've noitced that it happens when i have the AC or HEATER on, i have been drinving around with none of that on now and the car drives fine. But i still notice that the temp guage is still showing the car getting hot. On top of that, i notice that b4 ALL of this started, i use to be able to hear the cooling fans running even when i was standing outside the car. Now i notice that i can barely hear them at all. And when it does come on, BOTH fans come on for about a couple of seconds and then go off. I've sat there and watched them come on and they come on. I dont know what else too do. PLEASE HELP!!!!