Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

Old school Engine tech teacher

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 04:52 PM
Default Old school Engine tech teacher

I am just basiclly looking for someone or ones to help me out if I have any engine problems or questions. I am looking to swap AIM s/n or e-mails rather then waiting on this although I would communitate on the forums.

I have a 1966 corvette 327 in my 87 monte and I like I said, I would like if people could help in on certain questions I may have. I am just starting out on working on this type of car so I don't have all the know how I would like to have. Basiclly just looking for someone who works on a carbarated motor, preff chevys.

Thanks in advanced

Old 07-19-2007, 06:45 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008
Default RE: Old school Engine tech teacher

http://groups.yahoo.com

Is your best best. Search for "small block chevy groups" or any other "auto repair" groups.

There are dozens of mechanics who give free advice. Join a group and see.

They are people who are disgusted with the rip off mentality of small block restorers.

Small block advice was a dime a dozen back in the day.

And now because Barrett-Jackson cars go for mega bucks, some mechanics think that they can rip off people who just want to drop a 350 in their car.

I know alot about 60's small blocks, but I think that current technology has quickly passed me by.

Old 07-19-2007, 07:05 PM

thanks

you mean you know alot about 60's engines and the current stuff passed you by or you did know alot of the old mind gave it up?

Old 07-20-2007, 03:25 PM

hey i could help you out maybe ! i am in to that old stuff more that the new stuff plus i restored 3 monte carlo's before so i can probley help ask the question's and i will try my best
and if you wanna goby msn or e-mail it's fine by me

Old 07-20-2007, 09:34 PM

ORIGINAL: 88ss408

hey i could help you out maybe ! i am in to that old stuff more that the new stuff plus i restored 3 monte carlo's before so i can probley help ask the question's and i will try my best
and if you wanna goby msn or e-mail it's fine by me
Nice...thanks! Do please PM me your AIM s/n and or e-mail addy. (I don;t use MSN)

Thanks!

Old 07-21-2007, 08:35 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

ORIGINAL: saluteTOme

thanks

you mean you know alot about 60's engines and the current stuff passed you by or you did know alot of the old mind gave it up?
I could help you with anything invented before 1972. After that, its a blure.

Old 07-21-2007, 10:59 PM

nice

Maybe you guys can help with tuning the car...as for timing, where do I look on a 66 327? I have a timing light but where should I point it? I didn't notice any markings. Also, how would I take apart the distributor and change the settings? The engine idles bit ruff. I just converted the old canister oil filter to a spin one today and put much needed new oil in (Castrol high millage) and the engine isn;t moving as much as it did and the gasket isn't leaking as much as it did, but I think the rest of the engine movement is being caused by not a good tune. I also put new spark plugs in (besides one that I havn't able to get to yet (need to take off header)))