Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

OBD Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2010, 08:38 PM
10 Year Member
Default OBD Question

I hope everyone is having a safe and happy winter..

I got into my car tonight, turned it on, and right away the "service engine soon" message came up. I was able to plug my programmer in and get the code B2665 out of it, and I googled it, and came up with "Park Lamp Switch Circut High".... What the heck does that mean?!?!? Its snowing like crazy right now, and I have to go on a 8 hour road trip tomorrow night, so I'd really like to make sure everything is ok before I set sail...

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!! Thanks!

Karl

Old 02-03-2010, 07:24 AM

hmmmm i do not know what that code could be off the top of my head. for your trip, i would make sure all your lights are working fine before you leave. sometimes these ecu's seem to have a mind of their own and throw stupid random codes, then go off after a few days or a week. same thing has happened to me in the past.

what i've done in the past in called the service dept at the local gm deaeler and ask them what the code means and what i could do to troubleshoot it. they could at least tell you you're ok to go on your trip and you could get it looked at later. it could be something as simple as a fuse...hope this helps.

Old 02-03-2010, 08:34 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Did one of your lights gets hit in the accident? Sounds like a bad light or blinker somewhere. I think if a blinker goes out, it sends all the power for two blinkers to the one working blinker. Maybe this is your problem...burnt blinker? Worth a shot. Good Luck.

Old 02-03-2010, 09:10 AM

I don't really know what the hell this means, but maybe someone else does and can build on this...... here's what I found out about B2665 - Park Lamps being your side markers, taillights, running lights, whatever you want to call them.

DTC B2665 Park Lamp Switch Circuit High

Circuit Description

The Headlamp switch provides a direct ground input into the Body Control Module (BCM) for the park lamp switch input when the switch is activated. This input is used by the BCM to control the park lamps.
Conditions for Running the DTC

The headlamp switch must be in the HEAD position.
Conditions for Setting the DTC

The BCM detects a short to battery

Old 02-03-2010, 11:30 AM

Someone said you were in an accident...is this true? if so a wiring loom could have been damaged and two bare wires are touching. if the voltage that the bcm recognizes as the correct voltage is not the same as battery voltage, then it would set this code. ie the voltage of a wire that is normally at 5v is touching a wire that is running 12v. this could cause your code. what was damaged in the accident?