Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

Need Help on SuperCharger Install ? ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2011, 10:54 AM
Question Need Help on SuperCharger Install ? ?

i have a 2001 monte ss and bought a supercharger from a 99 grand pix. i need a enigne wire harness but dont know what one to get. i also would like to know if there is anything i should do cuz of the fact that my monte didnt start with a supercharger. any help on this project would be great. thanks for your time!

Last edited by Space; 06-28-2011 at 07:41 AM. Reason: 2 get attention from Member's : )
Old 06-27-2011, 11:42 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I hope you realize ALL that is needed. Search for top-swaps on any W-Body forum and find out everything that you will need. It's more than just a wiring harness for your car.

L67 Heads (Pair)
L67 Fuel Rails
L67 Fuel Injectors
L67 Pullies (2 idlers and one crank)
L67 Supercharger and throttle body
L67 MAP sensor and MAP sensor bracket
L67 Lower Intake Manifold
L67 Valve Covers (pair)
L67 Coil Bracket
All necessary vacuum line, bolts, and accessories for the job
Head Gaskets (2)
Crank Bolt (stock bolt is torque to yield)
Supercharger Gasket
Throttle Body Gasket
Valve Cover Gaskets
Fuel Injector O-Rings
Performance PCM with proper gear ratio calculated
Head Bolts
Lower Intake Gaskets

Old 06-28-2011, 07:14 AM

i have most of the things listed. it all came with the supercharger from the guy i bought it from. the one thing that i dont have is the wire harness for my car or from the car the supercharger came out of. need to buy one but dont have a clue what one to buy. i tried to order one for a 2001 monte with a supercharger cant find one if they even made one

Old 06-28-2011, 07:38 AM

Check back on your Thread question, & I'm sure one of our experienced Monte Carlo SuperCharged member's will post the best place to buy your parts & what 2 `do...

Good Luck on your install, and keep us updated
Oh, Pictures are a +

Old 06-28-2011, 08:18 AM

15 Year Member

That's why I'm explaining to search for the top-swap threads. You don't HAVE to buy a whole new harness, you can modify your harness to work with the top-swap. We have the information floating around somewhere.

Old 06-28-2011, 11:13 AM

the MAF sensor connector needs changed. i think all the major stores ZZP wbody sell the adapters. and the next one is the BBV connector this runs back the the pcm. this isnt needed unless you really want to. for the cost and time i'd leave it out.

so you either need to but the MAF adapter or just get a connector and splice it in to your existing harness.

Old 07-01-2011, 03:20 AM

thanks for your time everone! i guess i left this part out. i had a engine fire and my wire harness got burnt up!!!! i need a new one and the ? i was asking is there a wire harness that i can buy that will plug right in instead of cutting wires and adding! again everyone thanks for the help! also is there anything i should do to the bottom half of the engine for the supercharger or is that part going to be able to handle the extra power from the supercharger! this is all new stuff to me!

Old 07-01-2011, 09:51 AM

15 Year Member

The block can handle it. Just be careful with KR because the pistons can't handle that :P

Go on NAIOA.com and PM member ZSpot and ask him about the wiring harness, he should be able to get your a brand new OEM harness.

Old 07-01-2011, 01:39 PM

i need a new one and the ? i was asking is there a wire harness that i can buy that will plug right in instead of cutting wires and adding!
If you go to a junkyard and get another 3800 harness for an 01 like you have- you can drop that in- and go to zzp, buy the L67 swap adapter harness- and its as plug and play as you're gonna get. Pop one connector into the pcm, and I think you have to ground the other wire (its been awhile- it either needs ground or power)- and plug the other ends in.

You won't be able to get a supercharged 3800 harness for an 01 monte, because they didn't start supercharging until 04. You could go that route- but who knows what wiring changes they made (sometimes they move wires around in the connectors between years)- plus- its going to be much much easier to find an 01 3800 monte harness since there are so many more of them out there.

is there anything i should do to the bottom half of the engine for the supercharger or is that part going to be able to handle the extra power from the supercharger!
As mentioned above- you need to keep the car from knocking. Any decent amount of KR -and you're going to chunk the pistons. If you're running the stock 3.8" pulley- even on premium gas, you will have knock. Stock L67's usually have some knock, and they're almost a full compression point lower on the pistons- so you'll have even more knock than them. Best bet is to get some supporting mods to go with it- or do the bigger 4.2" pulley ZZP sells. Even if the KR isn't high enough to chunk pistons- it still robs large amounts of power.