Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

Monte with a 6

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2011, 10:39 PM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Old 02-20-2011, 10:41 PM

lol ikr...defeats the whole purpose of this thread...but it would actually be better off and probably cheaper doing it like that...and safer lol

Old 02-20-2011, 10:42 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Well the problem is, just because someone knows what theyr'e doing, I wouldn't trust it at 150 mph the first time... even though I know you're probably kidding a little bit.

When I got my Torino going, having just redone all the brakes, suspension, etc, I didn't go over about 30 mph for a long time.. just rode up and down the road feeling for anything. Then I worked it up to 40, 45, 50... then riding regularly at 55... and it was about 500-600 miles before I hit an interstate just incase anything works its way free or something... and your constantly going back and doing little adjustments here and there. Nothing that I can think off of the top of my head.. but adjustments, none the less.

And that's $10,000.... $10,000 could buy you a good Z28 or something and then you can have two cars, and economical Monte Carlo, and a special weekend play around and go fast car. I know you apparently love the Monte.. but take a few months and think about all your options.

A few things to consider... any job will be twice as hard, cost you twice as much, and take twice as long as you think it will.

Second, when you let someone else do a job like this.. like a chop shop, you never know if they did a bad job or not... where as if you do it yourself, you know.

Old 02-20-2011, 10:43 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Okay, everybody stop. Take a deep breath. And calm down. No more arguments. Forget who started it. Drop the subject and end it now.

I'm closing this thread before it turns really ugly and people start getting banned.