Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

Monte with a 6

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2011, 06:58 PM

i did...haha https://montecarloforum.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=26244

after i realized that i should haha

Old 02-20-2011, 07:36 PM

well this is a forum..i am using the forum...if you cant understand that, delete your account...and i never once wanted to twin supercharge mine or even talk about it...and i talked about twin turboing and turboing in the same thread...and if you havnt seen my mod thread..its in my siggy...check it...and if u really want, i will delete all my other threads for sake of your whining like a child

Old 02-20-2011, 07:56 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2009
5 Year Member

Darkbb, dont even think about insulting members and using language like this on this forum again. I will ban you faster than you can blink. No need for the attitude either. No one attacked you or insulted you. Calm down.

Yes, there are multiple threads going but its too late to do anything about it. End of subject.

Now if anyone has anything on topic to post, continue.

Last edited by mrl390; 02-20-2011 at 07:59 PM.
Old 02-20-2011, 08:10 PM

yup sorry...but it takes two to fight, so dont claim innocence

Old 02-20-2011, 09:08 PM

Monte Of The Month -- April 2011
GOT SPL

Originally Posted by Montess2k
Might be easier to take the sheet metal from a monte and put it on an extended camaro or gto frame to go rwd....regardless it is something I would never even consider with so many rwd v8's coming out these days...

Entertaining thread...

Joe
I was thinking the same.. It would be easier and maby safer to fab up the body work than deal with other aspects talked about in this thread.

Old 02-20-2011, 10:00 PM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by darkbb
well this is a forum..i am using the forum...if you cant understand that, delete your account...and i never once wanted to twin supercharge mine or even talk about it...and i talked about twin turboing and turboing in the same thread...and if you havnt seen my mod thread..its in my siggy...check it...and if u really want, i will delete all my other threads for sake of your whining like a child
Im hoping this isnt aimed at me.

Old 02-20-2011, 10:05 PM

it wasnt...it was aimed at gto boy, whatever his name is...he just deleted his comments so he wouldnt get in trouble for fighting...haha

Old 02-20-2011, 10:11 PM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Ok, just dont worry about it man. We have a lot of smart members here with a lot of experience, and if you say some stuff they say can be wrong they may take offense lol. Nothing to get in a fight over.

Old 02-20-2011, 10:19 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Well, if you want my opinion.... I go with bumpin96 on the whole RWD thing. That guy has forgotten more about these cars than most of us here know.

The six speed and the 3800 not having enough power to pull it... well, I do'nt know what the bolt patterns are, but my bet is that ti won't bolt to a 3800 anywho. You'd need another engine anyway. They might, I don't know... maybe it's just a bellhousing difference.

And think about what you're doing there... you'd have something neat, but you're ruining a perfectly good Monte Carlo, basically. You're going to run into literally 1000 issues. What about your floor pans? Console? Firewall? What about radiators, hoses, crossmembers, sway bars, shocks, springs, rear end/trunk clearance, fuel tank, fuel lines, clutch linkage, shift linkage, computer, air induction, hood clearance, power steering hookup, a/c lines... the list goes on and on and on. Some of it may not seem like a big deal, but a half inch here and there differences and the such, and suddenly NOTHING is fitting. Look in my signature... if you want, I'll pull up the restoration threads on the Torino. I had all kinds of issues trying to make a 429 work in a 390 car and gave up... and that's sticking with RWD and an automatic that came in that car!!!

If you really want RWD and a ton of power, my advice is that you're money and time ahead to buy a RWD car with a lot of power.

Last edited by Cowboy6622; 02-20-2011 at 10:23 PM.
Old 02-20-2011, 10:23 PM

well...what i would do, after reading this thread i would just get a car from a salvage yard, for maybe 2-3k and take it to the local chop shop...tell um what i want...come back with 10+ k in my pocket about 2 months later and drive it home at about 150mph lol